Looking for good LFS near Durban

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by ccb, Mar 24, 2012.

  1. ccb

    ccb

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2012
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi folks,
    I can't seem to find what I want in Durban - especially with regard to plants.
    I'm not too picky either but some place that has a decent selection of tropical plants would be nice.
    I'm specifically looking for some good ground-cover and cabomba right now but also looking for a female dwarf gourami among other things.
    Lights are also high on my things to scout around for but I'm pretty limited in that my tank is a 60cm Koral by Juwel.
    Maybe if you can point me to some nice shops - my frustrations would diminish.
    Thanks,
    cb
     
  2. Guest




  3. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    LOL! This is a first...

    Um, I actually have no idea. Perhaps a Durban based forum member could help you in the right direction. @firemanmuzz - @Linga

    @azurekoi - could you possibly move this to the general section for me? Thanks.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. firemanmuzz

    firemanmuzz

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2011
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Durban,Kzn
    hey guys ,Durban is definately not in the league of pta,jhb and ct variety and quality is very limited but i will pm you theshop i usually find the unusual in.
     
  5. Linga

    Linga Aquarist or Gardener ?

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2009
    Messages:
    624
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    PTA
    hi u not gonna have much luck of finding any ground cover plants here in durbs. your best bet would be to get some of a forum member who could post you some.
     
  6. Teddy C

    Teddy C

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2012
    Messages:
    100
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Lichtenburg
    Hi, have you been to Northlands Pets. Was there when on holiday in Feb. i am sure you can find them on the http://www...
     
  7. OP
    ccb

    ccb

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2012
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just found them Yesterday!
    Must admit, from what I've heard, they're doing a good job of turning things around.
    Fish volume was pretty high and quite a lot of fish that I haven't seen around.
    Plants - probably the best in volume and variety I've seen lately - although the quality was so-so - but improving they tell me.
    Tank selection was very nice.
    Filtration and accessories - close to if not the best I've seen.
    They carry Seachem products and will be expanding the range soon.
    1 sick ground cover plant (Some grass) - not much else.
    I'll be looking aggressively in about a month when my GroBeams arrive
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Looking near Durban Forum Date
Wanted: Looking for Rabbit snails near Edenvale Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 28, 2024
Wanted: Looking for Guppies for sale in or near Edenvale. Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 17, 2024
Wanted: Looking for Endlers Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 2, 2026
Looking for Tropheus Social Groups Jul 13, 2026
Wanted: Looking for aquatic moss (aside from Java) Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 11, 2026
Looking for killifish General Fish Discussions Apr 21, 2026
Looking to trade plants Planted Tanks Apr 8, 2026

Share This Page