Little white specs on my driftwood

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hviviers75, Apr 14, 2013.

  1. hviviers75

    hviviers75

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    4,789
    Likes Received:
    196
    Location:
    Brakpan
    Hi my fellow fishkeepers.

    I noticed small white things walking around on my black wattle driftwood. Can it be hydra.

    Please advise.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
     
  2. Guest




  3. Jenn

    Jenn Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Johannesburg, Kensington
  4. OP
    hviviers75

    hviviers75

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    4,789
    Likes Received:
    196
    Location:
    Brakpan
    Might be, can it be the begining of snails, I obviously got snails somewhere with my plants. Must I worry about it. Will my ottos be fine if I use meds with formaldehyde and malachite green in the meds. I dont want funny goggas in my tank ;-(

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
     
  5. OP
    hviviers75

    hviviers75

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    4,789
    Likes Received:
    196
    Location:
    Brakpan
    Or must I push my temp up to 30 degrees for a few days?

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
     
  6. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    well they say in the thread that they are harmless. your fish will probably also snack on them. i dont mind harmless goggad because they are part of na eco-system
     
  7. OP
    hviviers75

    hviviers75

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    4,789
    Likes Received:
    196
    Location:
    Brakpan
    Well if this is the case then I am not worried, could I please get some more input from a few more members :) Thanks

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
     
  8. Hawk

    Hawk Clown Fish :-)

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    5,147
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Any chance of a pic of them? Hydra are not cool if you have fry. They wiped out my entire batch of gourami fry!
     
  9. OP
    hviviers75

    hviviers75

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    4,789
    Likes Received:
    196
    Location:
    Brakpan
    No I don't these little white bugs walk on my driftwood, like Jenn said it is copepods. they are harmless in freshwater tanks :p
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Little white specs Forum Date
Little white 'bugs' crawling on wood in aquarium and seem to be free swimming also... General Discussions Aug 5, 2011
My little 1st planted tank Community Tanks Nov 14, 2021
Dayyan little 60cm by 40 by 45 planted tank Community Tanks Jun 30, 2021
I'm New - My first Little Bowl New members Apr 19, 2021
My new little fish room Members Systems Feb 5, 2021
Zubair's Little Pond Ponds Jun 16, 2020
Little Big house Members Systems Jan 19, 2020

Share This Page