Leaking Mystery?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cheetah, Apr 17, 2013.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    I have this Jebo R760 tank that started leaking spontaneously...... so I put a 10l bucket underneath (which I emptied every hour)... moved the fish out ..... removed the plants & ornaments..... and drained the remaining 3 inches of water from it......

    The tank was then moved outside and the gravel also removed..... I Then refilled the tank and it's been standing there for almost 2 days now.... not a drop leaking from it?.....

    [​IMG]
     
  2. Guest




  3. Wyvren

    Wyvren Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Messages:
    2,549
    Likes Received:
    21
    Could be leaking from the filter - I noticed if my spray bar in the lid isnt positioned right I loose water like mad.
     
  4. OP
    Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    Filter was the first thing switched off when I noticed the leak......
     
  5. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    check the back bottom corners .... move these tanks sometime causes is seal issue or in your case maybe a reseal issue?
     
  6. dash

    dash

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Durban
    Hi how long have you had this tank?
     
  7. OP
    Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    3 years......
     
  8. dash

    dash

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Durban
    I wonder if jebo gives a guarantee on there aquariums. I can Che k for you tomorrow. I know some one at the company that imports them in to SA. After 3 years I am not sure though

    In the tree years that you had the tank, how many times did you empty an fill the tank up again? Some one told me that if you empty a tank and leave it and fill again you weeken the seal. Guys is this true? Pm me your number and I will check with that company In the morning.
     
  9. DoubleDutch

    DoubleDutch Corydorasfan(atic)

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,276
    Likes Received:
    2,321
    Location:
    Hoorn (Holland / The Netherlands)
    Did you use an airstone in your tank? If so the water could splash up and sometimes will flow downwards on the outside of the glass.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Leaking Mystery Forum Date
SOBO 1500 leaking. General Equipment discussion Feb 27, 2026
Leaking Dolphin C1000 Filtration Sep 19, 2021
Dophin C500 canister leaking in one spot Beginner Discussions Jul 12, 2019
Canister leaking Filtration Jun 15, 2019
Co2 gatevalve leaking on turnvalve General Equipment discussion Mar 20, 2017
Fish Tank leaking General Fish Discussions May 14, 2016
leaking tank General Equipment discussion Apr 13, 2016

Share This Page