info needed on tiger barb breeding

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Nick, Jul 6, 2011.

  1. Nick

    Nick Nick

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    308
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Good Morning

    I have a 3 foot tank with a lot of java moss in it. Can I put breeding pairs in the tank and let them breed without removing the breeding pairs?? I thought the java moss might provide shelter for the newborns.

    Thanks

    Nick van der Berg
     
  2. Guest




  3. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Barbs? Leave eggs and fry alone? Sorry mate - unless you pack so much moss in there that the parents can hardly move,I dont think it will work....
     
  4. Slojo

    Slojo

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    2,115
    Likes Received:
    24
    Even the Java Moss will be a snack for them.
     
  5. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    lol - Didnt @Firefly say: "Java moss tastes funny"? ... lol
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - info needed tiger Forum Date
Information needed please CO2 cylinder. Planted Tanks Jul 18, 2021
Id and info needed asap ID Needed Mar 25, 2015
Information needed General Discussions Aug 30, 2013
Leopard gourami aka spotted climbing perch info needed General Discussions Apr 10, 2012
some info needed Other Sep 12, 2011
Some info needed General Discussions Mar 14, 2011
Vallisneria - Info needed Aquatic plants Feb 14, 2011

Share This Page