I'm a sucker for a nice rock....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cheetah, Sep 14, 2012.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    I've been watching this rock for many, many moons across the fence in the neighbours' yard..... it was right in the corner serving no purpose other than closing a hole in the fence..... I finally had the guts to confront him promissing to close the hole.... if I can have the rock.... He had no clue what rock I was talking about and agreed.....

    I am now the proud new owner of ...... a rock!.... (actually... this rock is not very photogenic.... looks a lot better in real life)

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. Guest




  3. Bazil

    Bazil Bazil

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2012
    Messages:
    1,593
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Sasolburg
    Very nice rock. Is the screw there to keep the rock in place? he he. It looks alot like a piece of the moon. Craters etc. What are your plans for this rock? Can look great for a background. Almost a Grand Canyon feel. I like.
     
  4. OP
    Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    The screw is merely to indicate the relevance of size..... my plan is to do some serious scaping in my 5ft when I move to KBY in November......I cannot wait to use it......
     
  5. Bazil

    Bazil Bazil

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2012
    Messages:
    1,593
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Sasolburg
    So if I estimate around 40cm is that correct?
     
  6. Bufamotis

    Bufamotis

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1,852
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Zevoland
    Nice rough surface to root some java fern on

    Sent via Techno Stone Slab 10.1
     
  7. Pauline

    Pauline Guest

    Congrats on your new rock!! lots of nice texture :)
     
  8. epiphysis

    epiphysis

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2011
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Centurion, South Africa
  9. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Cheetah,

    Nice piece of rock.

    I am a bit like that with wood.
    I have a garage with a huge pile of various bits and pieces, that I can't fit into my tank all at once!
     
  10. Pauline

    Pauline Guest

  11. OP
    Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    I,m going to have everyone hide their rocks from me when I visit..... had my retirement farewell yesterday at the boss's house and saw this rock sticking out..... almost overgrown.... but I saw it and started to make a nuisance of myself hinting for it...... It was given to me when I left......

    I won't disclose this to my wife, but it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen...... Cant wait to scape my tank when I get to my retirement home in 2 weeks...... (It is about 30cm high)

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  12. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    Insert some funny line here about retirement and rocks...

    Looks great.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - sucker nice rock Forum Date
RSS Feed Sucker Fish: The Loricariidae Family RSS Feeds Sep 28, 2020
Sucker for punishment General Discussions Jun 4, 2016
Tropical Fish Landed today Here with the list: Borneo Suckers (gastromyzon pun... Dorry Pets Jul 10, 2013
"Blood suckers" in guppy pond General Discussions Feb 22, 2012
glass suckers General Equipment discussion Jul 12, 2011
unknown sucker fish ID Needed Apr 2, 2010
Not a new member but nice to be back New members Jan 18, 2024

Share This Page