Hydra – Not a good sign??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cheetah, Aug 4, 2010.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    IMO,... If Hydra develops in your tank, you are doing something extremely wrong.... It's been many years since I've seen any, but thinking back, when I had it, it was regular.... In my experimental days where I still believed in order to breed successfully, your tanks have to be dirty (matured)..... (to build up infusoria)

    My views have changed since those days, and I have not seen Hydra since.... Is Hydra really a bad sign, or could it happen to anyone??
     
  2. Guest




  3. Gareth

    Gareth Angel Freak

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    2,339
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Potchefstroom
    i think it happens to every one at some piont,
    I had it in two of my tanks due to over feeding or so I think any way.
    the best way to get rid of it is to add Guppies or mollies and even corries. they sorted out the hydra in not time.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Hydra – sign Forum Date
Hydra Diseases Aug 26, 2021
Hydra Infestation Planted Tanks Jan 7, 2021
Wanted: Hydra leds 26 hd Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 17, 2020
Hydra in my 15liter shrimp tank Species Tanks Jun 23, 2017
Hydra? General Discussions Feb 1, 2014
Electrocuting Hydra General Discussions Dec 12, 2013
Hydra? How do I get rid of it? Algae Jul 19, 2012

Share This Page