How long will my oscar live

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Oscar, Sep 11, 2010.

  1. Oscar

    Oscar

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi i bought my oscar at only 2cm 2years ago and is now 23cm.
    I just wanted to now the life span of an oscar
     
  2. Guest




  3. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    google search reveals 10-18 years
     
  4. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    Well.... I recall one specific Oscar which I got in 1978, and it only pegged in 1994 (of unnatural causes - jumped out the tank).... so I believe if the conditions are right..... Zoom is absolutely right.
     
  5. larch

    larch

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Messages:
    976
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    In my pants.
    20 Years if you feed it properly and you keep the water conditions right.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - long oscar live Forum Date
Wanted: long fin oscars Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jun 11, 2020
Can i put Firemouths with Oscars and will they get along with a pleco? General Discussions Feb 25, 2013
Looking for longfin oscars- please help Beginner Discussions Sep 4, 2012
Transporting Oscars long distance General Discussions May 26, 2010
How long for a fry to reach adulthood General Discussions May 14, 2025
Freebie: FREE 2x Longtail Oranda Goldfish Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 1, 2025
Wanted: Super Red Longfin ancistrus Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 27, 2024

Share This Page