How long to wait before showing the Mrs. how to do water changes?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PappaBear, Feb 28, 2013.

  1. PappaBear

    PappaBear

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
    Messages:
    487
    Likes Received:
    162
    Location:
    Moorreesburg
    So what do you guys think? She's been giving the food and BBS for the fry for quite some time now, I think it is time to take it up a notch. :bigsmile:
     
  2. Guest




  3. RaD

    RaD

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Messages:
    345
    Likes Received:
    35
    Location:
    JHB
    that's like slave labour!
     
  4. Jenn

    Jenn Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Johannesburg, Kensington
    Hmmmm ... This plan could backfire. If she realises how much work it is she won't let you get another tank - no MTS for you :p
     
  5. eros111

    eros111

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1,012
    Likes Received:
    166
    Location:
    Midrand, Johannesburg
    make it sound exciting and make it a form of foreplay and then it becomes easy - foreplay to sitting and watching the fish that is natrually !!!!
     
  6. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    @PappaBear,

    Wait.....Forever. I would never let my Mrs touch my tank. :nuts:
    Sometimes she feeds for me if I am away for work for a few days, but that is all pre-measured. Would never let her loose on her own. :love:
     
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. DerikPelser

    DerikPelser

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1,109
    Likes Received:
    13
    Location:
    Ruimsig
    Ja what can I say. Some women, sorry wifes and fish don't mix. My wife don't even hold the botol when I do a water change.
    But I know we all love them to bits.
    :handkiss:
     
  8. OP
    PappaBear

    PappaBear

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
    Messages:
    487
    Likes Received:
    162
    Location:
    Moorreesburg
    This was just a joke but I must say my wife is awesome in helping out with the tanks when I have to work late or something. She always gives the morning and afternoon feedings in any case (being a housewife), and a lot of times when I work late.

    So all the guys who's wives aren't involved or don't support the hobby: Be jealous! :cool:
     
  9. Hawk

    Hawk Clown Fish :-)

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    5,147
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    Cape Town
    My family supports my hobby. My wife walks past and says it "looks nice" :blink1:. My 3yr old feeds the algae and sinking pellets when she is keen and tells me often that all my fish are dying :laugh:.
     
  10. eros111

    eros111

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1,012
    Likes Received:
    166
    Location:
    Midrand, Johannesburg
    "looks nice" ???????? sounds very condescending if you ask me :bigsmile:
     
  11. Hawk

    Hawk Clown Fish :-)

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    5,147
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    Cape Town
    No. She loves the tank as long as it looks neat and tidy and doesn't detract from the lounge .:laugh:
     
  12. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    I actually don't want my Mrs involved in the fish. It is my personal space. To get away from "family issues" :nuts:
     
  13. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I got tired of my girlfriend not maitaining her tank that i sold it haha! She didnt even moan! So i do everything myself anyway ad i know its done properly then
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - long wait before Forum Date
Long awaited return New members Jun 3, 2016
My long awaited 270L Members Systems Jan 28, 2010
Long awaited 5ft discus setup! Members Systems Oct 20, 2009
How long for a fry to reach adulthood General Discussions May 14, 2025
Freebie: FREE 2x Longtail Oranda Goldfish Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 1, 2025
Wanted: Super Red Longfin ancistrus Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 27, 2024
Back after a long break! New members Nov 1, 2023

Share This Page