Help with co2 explosion/discharge

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by carl leathwhite, Sep 4, 2020.

  1. carl leathwhite

    carl leathwhite

    Joined:
    May 22, 2020
    Messages:
    131
    Likes Received:
    14
    Location:
    johannesburrg
    So I filled my 2kg CO2 bottle at trans fire today and I was just putting the regulator on and went down for dinner this is when I heard an explosion and hissing Co2 I ran upstairs to see it streaming out of the safety release highlighted below I’m abit pissed because trans fire is like 45 mins away but can someone please tell me why this happened [​IMG]
     
  2. Guest




  3. J’den

    J’den

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2019
    Messages:
    149
    Likes Received:
    152
    Location:
    Cape Town
    That will usually happen when they overfill the cylinder unfortunately, especially if they filled it when it was cooler/cold outside and you bring it into a warmer environment like your car in the sun or your house hopefully they’ll replace it for you free of charge.
     
  4. OP
    carl leathwhite

    carl leathwhite

    Joined:
    May 22, 2020
    Messages:
    131
    Likes Received:
    14
    Location:
    johannesburrg
    Thank you very much


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Help explosion discharge Forum Date
5ft tank cracked bottom panel... Newer bigger DIY help needed Anything DIY related Sep 22, 2025
Need help to brace my tank General Equipment discussion Oct 15, 2024
Bad advise please help New members Sep 16, 2024
Some help needed to ID these fish General Discussions Apr 1, 2024
Help with Co2 solenoid tubing adapters please! General Equipment discussion Feb 28, 2024
Racking system help needed General Discussions Feb 19, 2024
Please help ID these plants. Aquatic plants Feb 12, 2024

Share This Page