Help Please.......

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by a3aan, Jun 4, 2013.

  1. a3aan

    a3aan

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Bloemfontein
    A while back I saw my Green terrors spawned again. But as usual I thought the eggs was not fertile again. Bigggg mistake. They have hatched and are free swimming already... I feel like this was a teenage pregnancy. Completely unplanned..... Please advise. The mother is doing a good job. But must I remove them and what food on such short notice can I get them???

    All I can say is help please...
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    a3aan

    a3aan

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Bloemfontein
    So all the fry is safely in a little breeder in the sump and all seems well. I got some freeze dried brine shrimp, now just to orgenize some live brine shrimp... hint hint @llewellynkearney

    IMG-20130604-00353.jpg

    IMG-20130604-00356.jpg

    IMG-20130604-00353.jpg

    IMG-20130604-00356.jpg
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    hi @a3aan
    i got some brine shrimp eggs for you. you can come and get it tomorrow afternoon if you want.

    sorry for the late reply was out of town all day

    oh abd congrats daddy
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
    a3aan likes this.
  5. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    oh i got a tank for you aswell to put them in for time being
     
  6. OP
    a3aan

    a3aan

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Bloemfontein
    Hi.... Thanks sooo much. Yes it was quit unexpected. I had to read up very quickly what to do. Will talk to you tomorrow... And thanks again....
     
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  7. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    cool man. and you are welcome. anything to help a fellow fishy friend
     
  8. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    If the parents were looking after the babies, why not leave them together for the time being?
    Just give them some fry food a few times a day.
     
  9. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    hi how's the bbs hatching going?
    and are all your fry still alive?
     
  10. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    give us a pic of your hatchery plz
     
  11. OP
    a3aan

    a3aan

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Bloemfontein
    Morning morning... Unbelievably everyone is still alive. ( Ps Who wants some GT's....)And thanks again for the Brine shrimp. Will post some pics when I get home promise.... :)
     
  12. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    hi
    any update on your fry?
     
  13. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    hi
    how's the fry doing?
     
  14. BBQ

    BBQ

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Oh saw this late, but gz on the GT, yeah hows the fry going.
    isnt the temp in blome like blimming cold now? anyways hope they in love with the BBS
     
  15. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    yip its cold but it gets even worse.
     
  16. OP
    a3aan

    a3aan

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Bloemfontein
    Morning.... Yup. Its mal cold here..... And my tank is in the garage with no ceiling....... I'm on 900watt now but will soon have to put another 300watt in to keep the temp at 27degrees? Help...
    Anyway. Again amazingly all is still alive and growing crazy. I have been a bit lazy with the hatchery for food for them but it seems the frozen version does the trick also.
    Still living in a little hatchery in the sump. Will see if I can get a pic up tonight.

    Ps anyone looking for GT's? :)
     
  17. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    i'm glad all of them are still alive. 1200w thats mal what's your electric bill gonna be?
     
  18. ABAB

    ABAB

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Upington
    Hi. Depending on the price I will gladly take some of them. Collecting Cichlids for my 3m tank. The other two I got from you are doing great. It looks like they are females. Electricity will be high. Believe me. Got 7 tanks running and I am paying the price!!!
     
  19. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Try wrap the tank in some insulation.
    If you can get hold of some polystyrene sheets, enclose the tank in that. Also the top as that is where the greatest heat loss will be from.

    If not, then bubble wrap or even old blankets will do.
     
  20. OP
    a3aan

    a3aan

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2012
    Messages:
    542
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Bloemfontein
    Sooo had to do a water change this afternoon. As I was cleaning the glass got attacked by a very agro lady GT???? And guess what..... She spawned again...... Noooooo...... I think she is starting a little GT factory?!?! I'm going to have to make a plan with her.

    Ps @ABAB glad to hear they are doing well. Also thought they were female. And will let you know if some of them pull through.

    As for my heating problem. Will deff get some more styrofoam. Got some good pieces from @llewellynkearney... Thanks again. And bought some. So the sump is insulated. Also got a nice thick blanket over the top of the tank... So hope I survive the power bill... But in anycase thanks so much for the comments. Looks like I will be able to cover the bill with GT sales... Hehe
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  21. llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    nice lloks like you'll have to come and get a fry tank after all
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Help Please Forum Date
Bad advise please help New members Sep 16, 2024
Help with Co2 solenoid tubing adapters please! General Equipment discussion Feb 28, 2024
Please help ID these plants. Aquatic plants Feb 12, 2024
Goldfish Experts Please Help ID Needed Aug 27, 2023
Disease Identification Help Please Diseases Mar 4, 2022
Please help identify the illness General Fish Discussions Jan 21, 2022
Fish ID please help ID Needed Sep 16, 2021

Share This Page