Heating Water with carbon rods ??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Willem, Mar 25, 2013.

  1. Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    This is now something for the electrical and chemical engineers.

    Just a question mabe a possibility what kind of proses or chemical release could you expect if you preheat your wc water with carbon electrodes. I know I know it is dangerous but would still like to know cause I have a evaporator that you normaly put in your childs room for when he/she has a stuffy nose or brongial problem. just thinking if it is safe for your two month old baby there cant be to much going into the water if you heat it up in the same way...???
     
  2. Guest




  3. SethD

    SethD Labido

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2011
    Messages:
    85
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Durban
    Not sure of the design of the unit, but the way these carbon electrode evaporators/heaters normally work is they pass an electric current through the water, creating steam. An electric current passing through your tank water is not normally a good idea.
     
  4. OP
    Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I know you can't put electricity in your tank this is an experiment and I would like to know what chemical will be released into the water.


    Regards Willem
     
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  5. OP
    Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    This is what I created so far.

    IMG00456-20130327-2120.jpgIMG00455-20130327-2120.jpg

    IMG00456-20130327-2120.jpg

    IMG00455-20130327-2120.jpg
     
  6. OP
    Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Got it to work from 23 to 40deg + in under 15min maybe I can use it in a closed system with pipes running in the tanks.

    IMG00462-20130328-2342.jpgIMG00457-20130328-2322.jpgIMG00458-20130328-2324.jpgIMG00459-20130328-2324.jpg


    Sory for the bad pics

    IMG00462-20130328-2342.jpg

    IMG00457-20130328-2322.jpg

    IMG00458-20130328-2324.jpg

    IMG00459-20130328-2324.jpg
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Heating Water carbon Forum Date
Water Heating - Gas closed loop system vs Heat Exchanger New members Mar 10, 2017
Water changes heating General Discussions Aug 1, 2016
Aquarium heating General Discussions May 9, 2022
Heating fish room General Equipment discussion Jul 25, 2016
room heating General Equipment discussion Dec 9, 2015
Aquarium heating General Discussions May 24, 2015
Over heating tanks. General Discussions Nov 20, 2013

Share This Page