Oh my word. Great... I will plant it in a pot then. Luckily I didn't get more of them. I definitely still have a lot to learn. I have a 65L tank. Will it be over populated if I get more female guppies? I currently have 5 neon tetras, 4 guppies, a pleco and a snail.
I'm not a guppy expert but i think it would be better if you get rid of the females and only keep males. I've kept guppies in the past,started with 12 and ended up with close to 40 within 2 months (there were also predators in the tank preying on the fry which i had hoped would control their population). The pleco will need a bigger tank soon (Around 600L+) as it will grow close to 60cm long.Just be glad you didn't get any pangasius sharks.
I'm starting to wonder if the guppies were a good idea. Because it is a small aquarium I did not know which other fish would be suitable as most fish I know of need space to grow. The lfs I got the pleco from will put the pleco in their display tank when it gets too big for my aquarium. Luckily that is sorted.
There are quite a few,from the top of my head: Corydora catfish,danios,dwarf garoumi,betta and khuli loaches. There are tons of different fish that are suitable for small tanks as long as there is good compatibility and the tank is not overstocked.
Okay cool. I will definitely look into them. I might even get a second beginners aquarium. I think it will be much better than my first one as I know a lot more know.
Cool,you might also be interested in looking up fish less cycling then with household diluted ammonia.No fish get harmed and you can control the dose.