Haloooo

Discussion in 'New members' started by Ichtus, Aug 13, 2014.

  1. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    :p Hi everyone, I'm from Joburg.

    I am very new to this but I'm willing to learn.
     
  2. Guest




  3. SterlingAce

    SterlingAce

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2013
    Messages:
    765
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hi and welcome! Tell us a bit more about yourself and any fish you keep.
     
  4. JJFury

    JJFury

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    407
    Likes Received:
    11
    Hello @Ichtus, love the creative handle there. For those who may not know, Ichtus is the greek word for 'fish' .
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Sean_83

    Sean_83

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2014
    Messages:
    222
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Durban
    Welcome you will learn lots here
     
  6. Sash

    Sash

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2014
    Messages:
    515
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Midrand
    Welcome! Lots of knowledge here. What have you started with?
     
  7. Caudelia

    Caudelia

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2013
    Messages:
    789
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    durban
    Hello and welcome,
     
  8. dash

    dash

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    Durban
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
     
  9. hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Hi @Ichtus,

    Welcome here, please tell us what setups you have currently and maybe a bit of how you got hooked on the hobby?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  10. Chongkie

    Chongkie

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Pietermaritzburg
  11. OP
    Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Okay, so I use to have an aquarium when I was younger until my tank had a leak.

    The tank I have now is actually a birthday gift. I currently have 5 guppies, 5 neon tetras, a pleco and a snail. My one guppy female is pregnant so I am very excited about that.
    @JJFury thanks for the complement. :p
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. Dinky

    Dinky

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,685
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    @Ichtus

    Welcome! Hope you enjoy.

    Congrats on the soon to be fry. Just keep an eye on her and put her in a breeding net if you want to save the fry, the other fish will gladly snack on them.

    And then, photos, photos and photos! We all love photos! :blink:
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. guillaume

    guillaume

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2014
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Pretoria eats garsfontein
    water change is key !!!
     
  14. OP
    Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    I must say, I have been reading through some of the threads and already see some of the mistakes I have made. It's great having so many people give advice and share their knowledge. :) You are all such nice people.
     
  15. DCWarHound

    DCWarHound

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2013
    Messages:
    1,059
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Pretoria,Sinoville
    Hi and welcome to TASA.

    How are your guppies doing?.If you're breeding with them then you should have a 1 male to 4 female ratio,try and get the males and females from different shops that sell similar color morphs (that way you get stronger fry with more genetic diversity)
     
  16. OP
    Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    My guppies are doing well. The pregnant female unfortunately did not make it. Thanks for the advice @DCWarHound. I currently have 2 males and 2 females. If I get more females I'm afraid of the tank being over populated.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  17. OP
    Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    image.jpgThis is one of my male guppies.

    image.jpg
     
  18. OP
    Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    image.jpgAt the back is my other male and some of my tetras.

    image.jpg
     
  19. OP
    Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    image.jpgOne of my females.

    image.jpg
     
  20. OP
    Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    image.jpgThat's how my aquarium started out. I don't know why my pictures turn upside down. Sorry about that.

    It is not the best looking aquarium but I'm working on it. I added some plants and want to get more over the weekend. I would also like to change the gravel to all blue and get another filtration system. And I nice stand would also be nice. :p I'll get there some day.

    image.jpg
     
  21. DCWarHound

    DCWarHound

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2013
    Messages:
    1,059
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Pretoria,Sinoville
    Nice tank.

    Plant in the middle is not aquatic by the way,it's better if you plant it in a pot.


    [​IMG]

    Probably one of the most popular none aquatic plants LPS like to sell.
     
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014

Recent Posts

Share This Page