hallo

Discussion in 'New members' started by Mariette, Jul 9, 2012.

  1. Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Hi I am Mariette and I just started my new tank.

    I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning a lot from you guys.
     
  2. Guest




  3. Shakes

    Shakes

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2010
    Messages:
    449
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Wilderness
    Hi and welcome. Give us some more info on your tank and what fish you have in it.
     
  4. Charles

    Charles

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,000
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria, Thaba Tshwane, 0187
    Hi and welcome @Mariette to TASA. Update your location as well so everybody can see where you are from.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    I only have 3 Betta females and 2 males (and 2 snails.). I would like to try breeding them.

    I am also not sure which other species I can put in with the femailes that will not harm them or be harmed by them. They keep nipping the poor snails. I havethe females in a 100l tank with plants and of course the snails.
     
  6. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Hi Charles.

    Thank you.

    I did update my profile.
     
  7. Anine

    Anine

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2011
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hallo Mariette! another pta fishkeeper :)
     
  8. DewaldC

    DewaldC Magikarp

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,867
    Likes Received:
    28
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Welcome :hello:
     
  9. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Hi there Anine

    I hope to learn a lot from you guys.
     
  10. Wyvren

    Wyvren Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Messages:
    2,549
    Likes Received:
    21
    Welcome!
     
  11. DesertConvert

    DesertConvert Toad

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Messages:
    571
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Welcome!

    :confused:

    Poor snails? I wish I could get rid of all mine!
     
  12. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    Hi and welcome to TASA.
     
  13. BBQ

    BBQ

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hi and Welcome

    Intresting, I see you have (2 snails) Though you know its not allowed to be traded
    but Do you think you have space?? I would like to provide them as a "gift"
    "gifts" are not to be considered as trade btw, - no money involved
    you should be able to get 100's from me.

    Btw, Im joking on the above matter, before BOB the build aka @Zoom - Builds a brick wall on my head.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  14. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Those TWO snails will become hundreds in no time.
     
  15. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Thank you

    Luckily If they become a problem, we move them to the outside pond, the koi's seem to think it is a delicacy.:cheesy:
     
  16. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Hi

    Seems to me I started a interresting post about my snails...:wink:

    I am sure there is space for them in the outside pond though there is no guarantee on how long they will last . . LOL
     
  17. BBQ

    BBQ

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Pretoria
    can i donate you some of them? or bring one of ur kois over and keep them in my wifes tank for 1 weeks,
    cos I have 1 yoyo loach (got him last friday) and has not started it work on the snail yet.
     
  18. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    I dont see a problem with that
    We can make a plan.
     
  19. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Hi, and welcome to the Forum :tee:
     
  20. OscaCT

    OscaCT

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2011
    Messages:
    637
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hi and welcome to TASA!
     
  21. wsteene

    wsteene

    Joined:
    May 11, 2011
    Messages:
    727
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Welcome to TASA, hope you enjoy it here.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - hallo Forum Date
Hallo folks New members Sep 21, 2020
Hallo I am a newbie Shrimp Captain and Aquascaping artist wannabe New members Jan 14, 2018
hallow fishy friends New members Apr 7, 2015
Hallo New members Apr 3, 2015
FB: Brains for Halloween...we are stocked up! Jungle Aquatics Oct 27, 2014
Introduction & HALLO! New members May 22, 2013
Hallo All New members Feb 11, 2013

Share This Page