Guppy Strains

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hein24, Feb 15, 2011.

  1. hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Okay so I am very curious as to what kinds of guppies there are out there so I googled and found the following, please add to the list if I missed some and please add some pics:

    Named Strains:
    Green Diamond
    Blue Mossaic
    Full Gold
    Flamingo
    Dragon Head (tuxedo snakeskins)
    Galaxy
    German Sunset
    Micariff
    Spanish Dancer
    Albino Snow (Platinum)

    Snakeskins:
    Green (gray body)
    Blue (gray body)
    Yellow (gray body)
    Red Lace (gray body)
    Metalhead (gray body)
    Blue Grass (gray body)
    Solid (black tail, red tail)
    Yellow Blonde
    Yellow-Red Blonde
    Albino Snakeskin
    Bader Snakeskin

    Moscows:
    Blue Panda
    Black Panda
    Pink Panda
    Thai (Midnight) Black
    Onyx Black
    Blue (black body)
    Green (black body)
    Full Red (from Flamingo Strain)
    Metalhead Snakeskin

    Tuxedos:
    Red Fin
    Blue Neon
    German Yellow
    Black

    Wild Types:
    Venezuelan (hybrid endler)
    Rotorua Wild
    Mixed strain breeding
    Feeder Guppies

    Novelty (can be any strain):
    Platinum
    Swallowtail
    Ribbonfin
    Crowntail
    Merah Crowntail
    Double Sword
    Single Sword (top, bottom)
    Lyretail
    Roundtail
    Pintail
    Speartail
    Hi-Fin (dorsal)
    Long-Fin (dorsal)
    Albino
    Blonde
     
  2. Guest




  3. Go-Big

    Go-Big

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Messages:
    737
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    George
    Schimmelpfennig platinum sword. Dont know anything about Guppies but saw this one. Maybe part of your Novelty list.
     
  4. riyadh

    riyadh

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Messages:
    363
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Cape Town, Cape Town
    hmm, interesting, that is alot of guppies. what do I call mine? I have a pond full of mixed guppies which have now interbred and they look stunning. I will try and get some pics
     
  5. OP
    hein24

    hein24 Betta

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Please post some, maybe you already have a fixed strain and you don't even know it lol
     
  6. riyadh

    riyadh

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Messages:
    363
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Cape Town, Cape Town
    naa, they all mixed, lyrtail endler types and neon coloured snakeskin ones. I started off with alot of those tuxedo types and then started adding in different ones
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Guppy Strains Forum Date
Wanted: Looking for some nice guppy strains Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 4, 2018
Wanted: White guppy strains Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 28, 2013
My Guppy Strains Fish pics Nov 5, 2012
Decent guppy strains General Discussions Feb 1, 2011
Guppy sick ?worms Beginner Discussions Oct 12, 2025
Guppy breeding and selection guidelines needed please. Breeding Feb 14, 2025
Fancy Guppy strain pairs in Durban? General Discussions Jan 3, 2025

Share This Page