Green Terror babies everywhere

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by len.weideman, Jul 27, 2012.

  1. len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hey All

    I set up my 284lt tank about six weeks ago, used Seachem Stability and Prime to help cycle the tank, and four weeks ago I bought a pair of Green Terrors when I was at the Aquarium Expo in Jhb.
    Well, since then my GT's decided to become parents, and now I have about 60 babie swimming around the tank wit mommy close by. They are now two weeks old already.

    I thought it will be tricky to get them to breed, but I just added water. It was never my intention to have them breed. I only needed them for guppy population control!

    Will post pics on Monday , if I mange to take some decent ones
     
  2. Guest




  3. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    @len.weideman,

    Yup, I have found that fish will surprise you sometimes!
    Do you have another tank to grow the babies on in?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. Hawk

    Hawk Clown Fish :-)

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    5,147
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    Cape Town
    @len.weideman - Congrats - I think. You are going to need to breed a lot more guppies now to keep the green terrors happy. :laugh: More Tanks....more tanks....
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Luis

    Luis

    Joined:
    May 13, 2011
    Messages:
    387
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Congrats !!!
     
  6. Altum

    Altum Sponsor

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,102
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    CAPE TOWN 7441
    how about another fish tank?
    For something to help cull the Green terror excess fry
    :stoned:
     
  7. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    LOL @Altum and @MarcKawke
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. BigFish

    BigFish

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Messages:
    149
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Robertsham ,Jhb South
    Wating for pics & dont forget to take them daily if possible .
    If you can get it right you can recover the cost of the parents.
     
  9. BigFish

    BigFish

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Messages:
    149
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Robertsham ,Jhb South
    sorry but what you feeding the babies besides "guppy shreds from parents"
     
  10. OscaCT

    OscaCT

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2011
    Messages:
    637
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Cape Town
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
  11. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Thanks Guys!!
    @BigFish - I feel them freshly hatched Brine Shrimp daily. LOL, not guppy shreds ( they don't chew much)
    I tried my best to take pics
    Here is the best i could do
    P1020944.jpg
    Dad
    P1020937.jpg

    P1020944.jpg

    P1020937.jpg
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. BigFish

    BigFish

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Messages:
    149
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Robertsham ,Jhb South
    nice pics . Pity those babies dont sit still for photos
    Those babies near the moss look a green blueish color already.
    Do they colour out so fast or are they that colour from very young?
     
  13. OP
    len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    They colour up fast. They look like little zebras at this stage, with black vertical markings. Very cute. I must take them to their own tank this coming weekend, before the dad start snacking on them
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Green Terror babies Forum Date
Wanted: Green terror Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jan 21, 2022
Green Terror (Golden Saum) Breeding Aug 14, 2021
Green Terror: bloat and parasites? Diseases Dec 20, 2020
RSS Feed Green Terror Cichlid: Colorful And Easy To Care For RSS Feeds May 4, 2020
Green Terror swim bladder issue Diseases Feb 27, 2020
Freebie: Juvenile Green Terror Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 4, 2018
Green terrors breeding General Discussions Sep 11, 2018

Share This Page