Good, Betta, Best!

Discussion in 'Fish pics' started by Broder, Nov 3, 2014.

  1. Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    I've never been partial to Bettas, as I always thought of them as the poodles of the fish world. (Apologies to poodle lovers:)) I'm setting up a Southeast Asia biotope at the moment, so thought I'd give one a shot.... Well, bugger me with a fish fork, but these are STUNNING fish. Not only are they far more active than they are given credit for, but they are sublimely beautiful. Why anyone would want to chain these fish up in a thimble of manky water, is frankly beyond me. Anyway, went to the pet shop the next day and promptly bought a mate for him. I'll post pics of her when I start my Southeast Asia thread.

    Betta-3.jpg

    Betta-1.jpg

    Betta-2.jpg

    Betta-1.jpg

    Betta-2.jpg

    Betta-3.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. Linxie

    Linxie

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,821
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    LOL They are stunning fish and have such wonderful little personalities. He looks just like the Betta I had (very similar colouring).
     
  4. OP
    Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    Yeah, the only problem is choosing one... They are all beautiful in different ways. The poor lady helping me, had to return my selection to the tank several time before I finally said I wouldn't change my mind again. Now I need more tanks...
     
  5. Linxie

    Linxie

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,821
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    hehehe always the problem - not having enough tanks :)
     
  6. 23skyline

    23skyline

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2014
    Messages:
    100
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Edenvale-JHB
    Awesome pics, real nice.
     
  7. Quakeszn

    Quakeszn

    Joined:
    May 16, 2014
    Messages:
    464
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Durban,South Africa
    Looks like dragonscale?Please post pics of all ur bettas my wifes a fan
     
  8. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    Nice pictures what are you shooting with? ( See you removed the meta info form the pics so have to ask ;-) ....
    - man careful what you ask for, some of them fish forks are nasty.
    Later Ferdie
     
  9. OP
    Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    Don't have any others, except this guy's girlfriend. Here she is...
    DSC_0362_edited-1.jpg

    Thanks Ferdie. These would have been with my Nikon D7000 and a 105mm macro lens. If any info is missing from the pic, it must have been deleted upon upload here? But then again, I'm the wrong guy to have that discussion with:pcguru:. I'll take your word on the fish forks:laugh:

    DSC_0362_edited-1.jpg
     
  10. Dolphin

    Dolphin

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1,926
    Likes Received:
    145
    Both look excellent. What other fish are in there?
     
  11. OP
    Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    Thanks Dolphin. The southeast Asia biotope houses the 2 bettas, 6 golden barbs, 10 harlequin rasboras, 4 Kuhli loaches, a dwarf gourami pair and a hillstream loach.
     
  12. scubabravo

    scubabravo

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2015
    Messages:
    287
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Roodepoort
    Nice nice nice nice. I love that male, and that female is also to die for. How are they doing now? I have given in to Betta, I wish I could photograph like you can, would love to post photos of my fish.
     
  13. OP
    Broder

    Broder

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,020
    Likes Received:
    34
    Location:
    East London
    Thanks scubabravo. The male doesn't look well at the moment. He's eating and swimming fine, but has lost a lot of the pigmentation under his scales. Fins are also a little tattered. I've placed him in quarantine for now. I'll try to get some picks so that we can make a diagnosis. The female is fat and flourishing.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Betta Best Forum Date
RSS Feed Best Betta Hammock – Our Top 5 Picks RSS Feeds Jan 13, 2021
we do bettas best! Jungle Aquatics Jul 5, 2012
Best looking Dragon Bettas Labyrinth Fish Dec 23, 2010
Your Betta Fish Has Seen Things. It's Time to Do Better Jungle Aquatics May 3, 2026
Wanted: Platinum Halfmoon Betta Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 25, 2025
Bettas in Port Elizabeth Beginner Discussions Jan 20, 2025
Wild betta species Species Tanks Feb 18, 2024

Share This Page