Galaxy tab or ipad?

Discussion in 'General Equipment discussion' started by jabula 7749, Oct 9, 2012.

  1. jabula 7749

    jabula 7749 jabula

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2011
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    70
    Location:
    port elizabeth
    Hi All!

    Time for me to get something better to browse with than my phone when I am out at sea!

    Which tablet must I get and why?
    Galaxy tab or Ipad?

    Or is there any others you will recommend?

    Thanks

    Charles
     
  2. Guest




  3. gooseman

    gooseman Kempton Park

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2012
    Messages:
    43
    Likes Received:
    0
    jabula hi get a ipad
    it is just the better tab
    samsung to my opinion is "sluggish"
    but then a lot of folks will disagree


    but thats my opinion
     
  4. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Either/or.

    Both pretty much do exactly the same, and it boils down to personal preference. If you have an Ipod, Iphone, or an Apple PC, then it only makes logical sense to stick with the brand you know.

    I have the Galaxy Tab, and the Galaxy SIII phone. I swear by them both purely because they have amazing software. I love the Android OS. (I also personally have a distaste for anything Apple... but that is just me... They still make good products, I just don't like them).

    It's like asking whether to go for BMW or Merc... both offer the same, it's just personal preference. (Volvo thank you!)
     
  5. woerman

    woerman

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2012
    Messages:
    377
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Pretoria - Wonderboom
    I am an ipad fan but I don't think you can go very wrong with either.
     
  6. OP
    jabula 7749

    jabula 7749 jabula

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2011
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    70
    Location:
    port elizabeth
    thanks,it helps knowing they both almost the same,I am listing over to the galaxy tab,as i dont own any apple gadgets!
    It will be nice browsing om something bigger than a matchbox size screen!
     
  7. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    i have the galaxy tab. very nice but my friend has the ipad also very nice lol. im just used to the galxytab so i like it more. but i use the iphone and dont like it. i would rather hve tye galxy s3. but im a samsung fan.
     
  8. woerman

    woerman

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2012
    Messages:
    377
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Pretoria - Wonderboom
    Best is to go to Hifi corp or somewhere where both are on demo. Test drive both and decide. One thing I can say about Ipad is that everything works and its simple to operate
     
  9. Wyvren

    Wyvren Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Messages:
    2,549
    Likes Received:
    21
    I have to say I hated apple until I got my ipad. Now I love apple but I still have a hatered for itunes :p

    If I was given the choice I would have gone for the galaxy - I love my samsung phone, I have loads of free and cheap games that I got for the phone.

    I just prefer the useful and easy use of the android.

    Oh and if you break the ipad it takes up to 2 months to get it fixed (mine was done via insurance - one of my lovely woofs knocked the table the ipad was on and the ipad fell in it's padded case and cracked the glass. The insurance sent it to the apple people in jhb to fix and it got sent back with glue all over and the glass was skew! Apple ended up replacing the unit with a new one so at least that worked out but it took 2 months)
     
  10. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    i also hate itunes! but samsung keys also sucks for me!
     
  11. stormbringer101

    stormbringer101 ARO

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2009
    Messages:
    700
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    JHB CONSTANTIA KLOOF
    Go with iPad .you can't go wrong bomb proof operating system , when its comes to apps you pay for what you get so I d rather pay for quality than get quantity of free junk on android . Web browsing is great on both but iPad responds quicker and once you go apple you will convert all your devices one by one ,apple just work when it needs to to and never gives problems having tried both I will never go back to any make .
     
  12. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Ipad is expensive, samsung is cheaper as it is a phone, have internal memory and upgradable with a micro sd. Also it has a sim for on the go internet plus wifi. When going for all these on an ipad.you are going to pay allot extra. Android in my opinion is the way to go, really easy to use. But once again different folks different strokes.
     
  13. Mitch StayC

    Mitch StayC Mitch

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2012
    Messages:
    374
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Fourways, Johannesburg
    Well right now I'm using my iPad to reply to you. I haven't really used any of the samsung products but what I can say is that I do love my iPad, before it I wasn't really interested in apple products. they pretty much do the something though dont they? so I say chose what you want. Although I do like the look of the iPad, but it's just a personal preference.
     
  14. woerman

    woerman

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2012
    Messages:
    377
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Pretoria - Wonderboom
  15. Rory

    Rory Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2,355
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    JHB
    Indeed the ipad has an ips display with a really high res. Because of this I'd rather get an asus transformer infinity but it doesn't have 3g. There is a model with slightly lower specs that does have 3g though.
     
  16. PappaBear

    PappaBear

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2011
    Messages:
    487
    Likes Received:
    162
    Location:
    Moorreesburg
    Apple runs to the courts when they get competition..... go with the samsung as a matter of principle. :cheesy:
     
  17. len.weideman

    len.weideman Planted tanks intrigue me

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2012
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    Cape Town
    I currently have the Samsung Galaxy phone, and Ipad2, from experience with both systems, I will upgrade to the iPhone soon. I vote Apple
     
  18. WillemNicolaas

    WillemNicolaas

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2012
    Messages:
    721
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    George
    Some things to bring in consideration...
    Do you have and iPhone or Mac??? Any of the apple products.
    If so then yes go for the iPad. It will then just make sense to get one.

    If not...

    Get the Galaxy Tab.
    The new one has the new ICS(Ice Cream Sandwich) software and better camera and some added stuffies.
    You will just work easier with it if not used to the "i" range and wont struggle with incompatibility issues. IOS has sorted out lots of their incompatibilities but you will find working with the galaxy and windows is just better.

    The 2 tabs are spec'd very alike. At the end it comes to the look and feel...

    Have a look at the new Nexus 7 tab as well. Yes it is only 7" and not 10" screen but i see Incredible has a good deal on it now as a promo knocking off 2 grand at selling price of 3 grand...
    Nexus 7 very well spec'd device and running the new JellyBean with Android 4.1. Excellent software!

    Both the Galaxy and Nexus runs hand in hand with google. So if you have a gmail account it wakes life really easy! The play store is also very well design and buying apps and getting other type of apps is a braes!
    With the ipad i find people complaining quite a lot with their market and getting music and apps. SA store is quite limited and if you want full access a work around is to open a "US" account.

    Dont get me wrong im not shooting any one of the above down but this is my personal feeling and dont wanna make enemies with the Owners of these devices.
    I am personally and android fan but the IOS is also very good software.
    HTH
     
  19. Ammar

    Ammar

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Messages:
    2,517
    Likes Received:
    425
    Location:
    Symhurst, Germiston
    Galaxy tab all the way!!! apple is full of shizer, tested them both at work and went samsung, to me you are very limited with apple.. on the galaxy if you not happy with android you can always try something else. android market rules its only a matter of time till apple follows blackberry. put it this way.. if you want to follow trend and be a larnie go apple. if you want something that works go samsung :p i know im gonna get klapped for this!!!
     
  20. Boomslang

    Boomslang

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2012
    Messages:
    124
    Likes Received:
    8
    Location:
    Cape Town
    hehehehe- asking whether to go apple or samsung is sure to spark a debate with very little agreement! as stated its like comparing mercs with bmw's.

    My experience- I have had an anti-apple tendency- why I am not sure but I have always just disliked people with little apple stickers on their cars and white headphones in their ears while driving!

    That was until my fiance got an iPad from work and I started to play around with it. After fooling around on it for a few minutes I felt my apple hate drain away. as much as I did not want to admit it I was amazed as to the quality of the ipad. The display is leagues ahead of the galaxy. I personally find the display of a tablet very important for simple browsing. Long story short I now own an ipad and recently upgraded to an iphone as well. (Love the galaxy s3 too but it's just a little too big for my uses- especially running where I use endomondo on my phone).

    I am not an IT techie. I spend a lot of time on the net. For surfing I love my iPad.
     
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  21. OP
    jabula 7749

    jabula 7749 jabula

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2011
    Messages:
    716
    Likes Received:
    70
    Location:
    port elizabeth
    thanks you all,you have been a great help!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Galaxy ipad Forum Date
Wanted: GALAXY RASBORA / CELESTIAL PEARL DANIO Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jan 29, 2022
Wanted: GALAXY RASBORA Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jan 17, 2022
RSS Feed Galaxy Rasbora: Care Guide For The Attractive Species From Hopong RSS Feeds May 22, 2020
Wanted: Celestial Peal Danios aka Galaxy Rasboras Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jun 17, 2019
Wanted: Any LFS with CPD/Galaxy Raboras? Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 3, 2018
Lady Starface... Itaituba P14/ Galaxy Stingray Oddball fish Jul 8, 2017
Wanted: Galaxy Rasbora, Forktail Rainbows Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 26, 2017

Share This Page