Fish like a pleco for cichlid tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Aqua_Berry, Jun 7, 2012.

  1. Aqua_Berry

    Aqua_Berry Water babe

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2010
    Messages:
    23
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Hilton, Kzn
    Hi Everyone,

    I had to remove the pleco from my tank as he was sucking the slime off the side of my cichlids - caught him in the act a few times.

    Now the algae is loving the glass of my 300lt cichild tank and I would like to know what fish can I introduce to the tank that will clean as beautifully as the pleco did, without his bad habits...

    My cichilds are aggresive so an ancistrus won't suffice.

    Thanks

    Aqua_Berry
     
  2. Guest




  3. JP01

    JP01

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    Messages:
    331
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Randburg
    If you give a bn hiding space he/she would be fine

    Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
     
  4. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    I had a BN with my Malawis and it was fine.
    There were plenty of hiding spaces among the rocks. And BN like a bit of wood, so I had a small piece in the tank for it.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Fish pleco cichlid Forum Date
Freebie: 2 Large Pleco's & 2 catfish in need of a good home Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 23, 2023
Freebie: Large Leopard Bushfish and Large male Bristlenose Pleco free to good home Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 7, 2020
New Cat Fish / Pleco ID Needed Jul 24, 2020
Catfish Ancistrus (pleco) ID Needed Oct 25, 2018
Wanted: Cool pleco/catfish Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jun 25, 2018
Small pleco fish General Fish Discussions Apr 29, 2015
Catfish and Pleco ID needed ID Needed Apr 24, 2013

Share This Page