Fish Adoption

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Willem, Jan 14, 2012.

  1. Razer2007

    Razer2007 Danelle Vivier

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1,278
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Melkbosstrand, Cape Town
    Luckyyy
     
  2. Guest




  3. gdt78

    gdt78

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2011
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Jhb - East rand
    @Willem,

    The Pretoria Zoo Aquarium used to have Oscars a few years ago.

    Perhaps check if you can donate to them ?

    Not a good idea ?
     
  4. Razer2007

    Razer2007 Danelle Vivier

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1,278
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Melkbosstrand, Cape Town
    And put it on a plane? Gert is in the Western Cape.
     
  5. OP
    Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Ok I have a 23cm oscar up for adoption (min tank size 400L) if you are interested please pm me for details.

    IMGP1275.jpg

    IMGP1275.jpg
     
  6. SalmonAfrica

    SalmonAfrica Batfish

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2008
    Messages:
    3,080
    Likes Received:
    471
    Location:
    Durban
    It has to be said, that Oscar is one hell of a handsome fish! :)
     
  7. Breado

    Breado

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2010
    Messages:
    705
    Likes Received:
    177
    Location:
    Edenvale, East Rand
    Oscar

    Hi Willem

    If you can get the Oscar closer to JHB or the East Rand, I can give it a good home. I have a 1000l tank with a range of Oscars. I love them to bits.

    Regards
    Breado
     
  8. Lizid

    Lizid

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,652
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    @Willem Cudos to you for taking on this task, I have a lot of respect for peeps like you, My Uncle does the same thing in the UK, collecting Reptiles, Spiders and other exotics that ar brought in Illegly... he works with the SPCA in Bournith, and they now call him if there is an exotic the they cant deal with...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. Corne

    Corne

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2011
    Messages:
    611
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Villeria
    @Willem has taken that over from me as my schedule does not allow for it
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  10. OP
    Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    @Breado my friend if I could I would the closest I get to Joburg is centurion and I only go when I have a breakdown in the area.

    @Lizid Thanks bud you know some people don't understand, you get to love your fish and they become a part of your live some people even give them names and it is hard to see them suffer that's why I do it, I have taken some fish from people where they leave the room when I catch the fish, it is sad but for the better and they under stand it.

    As for the Monster Tanks yes I have taken over the task and will let you know what is available and when, I will open a new thread for that, would be sometime after this weekend.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  11. OP
    Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hi every body I got 14 Green Deacons that went into quarantine tonight so they will be available in two weeks

    Thanks
     
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  12. OP
    Willem

    Willem High fin Pangasius

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    755
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Pretoria
    So four Boesemani rainbow fish has found a new home

    @Stalker
    IMGP1425.jpg

    IMGP1425.jpg
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Fish Adoption Forum Date
Dr Says Deworm Your Fish Jungle Aquatics Jul 7, 2026
Your Betta Fish Has Seen Things. It's Time to Do Better Jungle Aquatics May 3, 2026
Looking for killifish General Fish Discussions Apr 21, 2026
Fish breeders Gauteng New members Apr 4, 2026
The secret to happy, stress-free pond fish. API Pond Stress Coat Jungle Aquatics Mar 25, 2026
Don't let your Fish stage a hunger strike! Jungle Aquatics Feb 27, 2026
Veiltail Angelfish for sale Beginner Discussions Jan 1, 2026

Share This Page