female betta tail types

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mariette, Jul 12, 2012.

  1. Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
  2. Guest




  3. BBQ

    BBQ

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Nice, we can all learn something new ^^
    I cant remember which site it was that has all the mails and also some hybrids
    aswell.
    but if i need info - i ask Charles
    Isnt it @Charles ?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    Yes it's either @Charles or @Hennie Roux they are our Betta Fundis. Interesting article, thanks for posting the link.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    For me, a Betta will always be a male with long flowing fins.
    Personal preference of course. :idea:
     
  6. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    My pleasure. I like sharing interresting reads.
     
  7. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Hi @Mariette yes this is a popular site, and is full of info, one of the sites that comes up first when looking for some decent Betta info.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    @HennieRoux what do you think about the purple betta they discuss on the site? I would love to have a pair in my collection.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    I personally love the purple, they are highly priced allong with green and albino`s, as they are scarce. I see u have a stunning halfmoon purple in your profile. To find these guys here in SA is basicly impossible, so the only way to get fish like those, is to import, but you will pay a heafty price on them.
     
  10. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
  11. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Time, money and patience...lots of line and inbreeding, then perhaps?
     
  12. Charles

    Charles

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1,000
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria, Thaba Tshwane, 0187
    Spot on @HennieRoux.

    Well done @Mariette, see you did some research, yes the site bettysplendens is very informative, there are a few good sites in fact. When you got all the basics down only experience is left, and that takes the rest of your life to acquire. The most important feature about halmoons is the branching on the cadual fin, the lenght of the dorsal and anal fin and then colour, imo. Look at the IBC - International Betta Congress standards and you'll see what I meen, they have very high standards these guys, this is just for some interesting read and more info if you want to try and breed quality halfmoons and other tail types.

    Purple, Forest Green and Albino's are the most rare and the most expensive at the moment.

    The best thing you can do for now is to concentrate on your betta's water quality, housing and to keep them healthy as humanly possible. Once you got that down, only then start breeding them.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  13. OP
    Mariette

    Mariette

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    I agree with you @Charles and I understand the need to have excellent quality stock before trying to breed the colour I want. I will see this as my loooooooooooong term goal.:blink1: my fishies are settling splendidly water quality is good and they look very happy. I added a female to my tank. when I got her she had a very light almost lavender colouring, but she started changing colour and is now a beautifull almost electric blue. I tried to photograph her but I cannot seem to get a nice pic of her colouring.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - female betta tail Forum Date
female crowntail bettas Sponsor Requests Oct 28, 2012
Betta Splendens Pure Halfmoon Males/Females and Pure Crowntail Males/Females!! Sponsor Requests Jan 22, 2012
Is this true for a veil tail female betta? Labyrinth Fish Oct 16, 2011
Double Tali betta (Female) wanted Pretoria Aquarium Fanatics May 22, 2022
Wanted: Female Bettas KZN Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 19, 2021
Looking for Female Betta General Fish Discussions Feb 19, 2021
Female Bettas - Dropsy Beginner Discussions Feb 7, 2021

Share This Page