Endler guppies

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wazi, Sep 25, 2014.

  1. Wazi

    Wazi

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    314
    Likes Received:
    146
    Location:
    Alberton
    Hey guys. Anyone know of a lfs who is selling endler guppies in gauteng? Finally want to start stocking my nano. Any sponsors got stock?:)
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    Wazi

    Wazi

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    314
    Likes Received:
    146
    Location:
    Alberton
    Anyone?
     
  4. mattie

    mattie

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    786
    Likes Received:
    44
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Most of the current endlers stock in Jnb originated from Dirk's in Cpt
    He is breeding with them and have some nice fish available.
    Try him on APSA
     
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  5. OP
    Wazi

    Wazi

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    314
    Likes Received:
    146
    Location:
    Alberton
    I see..... so anyone in jhb want to share some stock. ;) im willing to pay for some.
     
  6. mattie

    mattie

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    786
    Likes Received:
    44
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Send Dirk a pm here (TASA)
    I think he still communicate via private messaging

    This was from 4 months ago:
    Endler guppies, black dots on golden body with green and red – R20 per pair
    Japan blue x Endler guppies, iridescent blue – R20 per pair
    Blue Star Endlers, iridescent blue with red markings – R80 per pair, first release in South Africa
    Rio Oro Endler guppies, black dots and red markings – R20 per pair

    Magenta iridescent pink guppies with red tails – R20 per pair
    Tequila Sunrise guppies, bright yellow with red tails – R20 per pair
    Vienna green emerald double sword guppies – R80 per pair, first release in South Africa
    Spaten Gold Galaxy guppies, round tail – R80 per pair, first release in South Africa
    Snakeskin topsword guppies, very fine snakeskin from Germany – R20 per pair
     
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  7. OP
    Wazi

    Wazi

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    314
    Likes Received:
    146
    Location:
    Alberton
    Cool. Thanks. Ill give him a shout. If I can remember correctly, there was a lfs in lambton area that had them but they were not selling them. Ill give them a shot aswell.
     
  8. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Hi, I have a male available if you'd like. I sold all my guppies to someone in Alberton but the guy did not want the endler guppy, so it's very lonely at this point.
     
  9. OP
    Wazi

    Wazi

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    314
    Likes Received:
    146
    Location:
    Alberton
    Do you have pics? Where about are you?
     
  10. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Wil upload a pic when I get home. I'm outside Alberton but can meet in Alberton.
     
  11. OP
    Wazi

    Wazi

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    314
    Likes Received:
    146
    Location:
    Alberton
    Cool. What do you want for him?
     
  12. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    If you want him you can have him. No need to pay.
     
  13. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    If you want him you can have him, no need to pay. (Sorry if I'm double posting, having network problems).
    image.jpg

    Not best picture but he's on the right.

    image.jpg
     
  14. <<Nemo>>

    <<Nemo>>

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2011
    Messages:
    359
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Somerset West, Helderberg
    That is not a true endler, it is some sort of hybrid...
     
  15. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    It was sold to me as an endler guppy. I'm not too bothered though. If @Wazi wants him he can have him, if not I'm sure I'll find another home for him. :)
    I have seen pictures of people catching these in the wild... very cool, but I'm no expert.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  16. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    There are a few guys giving them away but don't think they are on this forum.
     
  17. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    @Ichtus yup that is just a guppy :) not to far from some wild form. There were 3 pure original endler strains the country, Prof Dirks, Tyrone Genade and mine. I believe that mine has vanished all together but you should still be able to find the other two around.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  18. Ichtus

    Ichtus

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2014
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Thats very cool. I started with guppies when I hardly knew anything... Now I have moved on to killifish. :love: My guppies have other homes now, just this one left. But sounds like someone else is interested. Just want to make sure he goes to a good home.
     
  19. OP
    Wazi

    Wazi

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    314
    Likes Received:
    146
    Location:
    Alberton
    Thanks @Ichtus. Sorry for the late reply. I will definitely take him. He will fit in perfectly with the others. I will pm you my details later today.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  20. morgan.naicker.10

    morgan.naicker.10

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2014
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Want all types endlers me in pmb
     
  21. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    What are all types of endlers? You only get endlers and then endler hybrids.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Endler guppies Forum Date
Endlers X guppies Breeding Jan 17, 2018
Endlers guppies Livebearers Aug 17, 2017
endler guppies General Fish Discussions Jul 18, 2017
Wanted: pure bred guppies/ or endlers in jhb Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 11, 2015
Wanted: Endler Guppies Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jan 12, 2015
guppies and endler wanted in gauteng Livebearers Jul 17, 2014
Endler&#039;s Guppies Dorry Pets Jan 22, 2014

Share This Page