EI Dosing Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dinky, Jul 22, 2013.

  1. Dinky

    Dinky

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,685
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hallo!

    Okay, I've managed to calculate the required measurements for my 100 liter tank. If dosing 100ml per day for 5 days goes for the 100 liter, does that mean that I can use the same formula / mixture and dose 15ml a day in my 15 liter tanks and 30ml in my 30 liter?
     
  2. Guest




  3. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Yes. As long as you have worked out the calculations correctly.
     
  4. OP
    Dinky

    Dinky

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,685
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    @Sean J

    I'm giggling quite a lot right now!

    I have absolutely no idea if I did it correctly. If it's technical or even remotely scientific I have a total system shutdown.

    I bought Salpeter for KNO3, Lenolax for Phosphate, Nature's no salt for Potassium. For Iron my flourish excel added the required trace of it needed and I found out today that I can use Epson Salt for Magnesium but haven't added that to the mix yet.

    What I came up with for my tank is the following:

    2 Grams Salpeter, 1 Mil Lenolax, 1 Gram Nature's No salt, 3 mil Excel - that should give me the NPK with the iron - and should I wish to add Epson Salt to the party it would have to be 2 grams. Don't know what to do with the Calcium yet. :unsure:
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Um... Flourish Excel does NOT contain any iron... It has iron reducing properties, but it does not contain any trace elements of iron. You will need an extra supplement that contains iron.

    I do not use NPK in the form of EI anymore. Since I import ferts, I use the products I import rather. So i'm very rusty on my calculations. It sounds about right though.

    You do not have a trace element mix though. All plants still need traces to thrive. Tropica makes a fantastic trace element, and Dorry pets stock it. It's the brown bottle, not the green one. And on a 100L tank, 300ml's will last for about 6 months... Makes life easier and contains iron.
     
  6. OP
    Dinky

    Dinky

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,685
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    @Sean J

    Making life easier works for me! Will be sure to pick up a bottle.

    What type of ferts do you use / import. I'm clueless and very open to new ideas, advice and things that makes life easier! :bigsmile:
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  7. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I import ADA and Tropica products.
     
  8. OP
    Dinky

    Dinky

    Joined:
    May 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,685
    Likes Received:
    21
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Hmmm.....I will definitely have to gain a LOT more experience before I start tinkering with ADA. Will have to work my way up to that!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Dosing Help Needed Forum Date
Aquaforest supplement dosing schedule Advanced Topics Nov 22, 2021
Scape Complete and Scape Carbon Dosing Advice Advanced Topics Apr 24, 2021
Planted tank dosing question Planted Tanks Jul 15, 2020
Dosing ferts Planted Tanks Sep 13, 2019
Wanted: Aqua Rebell Dosing pump 1 ml Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 28, 2019
Wanted: Dosing pump Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 5, 2019
Dosing pump info General Equipment discussion Oct 16, 2018

Share This Page