1. All ads must contain photo's of actual equipment/livestock for sale. Please read the rules before selling.

East london Kribenses

Discussion in 'Livestock Classifieds' started by MItchell, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MItchell

    MItchell

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2011
    Messages:
    206
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    East London
    Hello,

    The size of the Kribs for sale here in EL are pathetic, 1cm maybe 2cm at best. One lfs used to stock decent breeding fish, 6-8cm, but that ended years ago. I have successfully bred them, at one time having 110 adults. Is there anyone here in EL with decent sized adult fish that I could breed with? Only looking for one pair atm and I can pay cash or swap if there's something I have that you want.

    Thanks,
    Mitchell
     
  2. Guest




  3. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    The Nursery recently got some BIG kribs in. Like 4cm sized ones. They haven't colored up but they look well fed. Hows the fry doing?
     
  4. OP
    MItchell

    MItchell

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2011
    Messages:
    206
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    East London
    They're doing good. What was the price of those kribs?
     
  5. FishMad

    FishMad

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2011
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    East London
    I bred them a couple of times but there isn't a big market for them I usually struggle to sell them
     
  6. OP
    MItchell

    MItchell

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2011
    Messages:
    206
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    East London
    Thanks @Firefly the kribs at Pioneer were the biggest I've seen in EL for a while. I took the dominant male, but sadly I couldnt get one of the large females as they might be siblings, I took a smaller female from another LFS and I hope she isnt too small, she is currently hiding from him.

    A general question:
    When I see certain species that Ive never seen before at a LFS, the same fish usually arrives at most of the LFS's at the same time. Im not sure but I think some of the LFS's in EL have the same supplier. So I got a male krib from one LFS and a female from another, is there a possibility that they are related? Im really trying to avoid relatives as Ive had Chromides with weak genes before.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page