Driftwood

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hayleycw, Dec 23, 2015.

  1. hayleycw

    hayleycw

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2015
    Messages:
    40
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Hi all

    On one of the occasions when I ventured out onto the beach this holiday I found a hunk of driftwood which I think would look great in my tank. Any recommendations, if I can, on how to make it tank-safe? Thanks [​IMG]
     
  2. Guest




  3. andries

    andries

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2011
    Messages:
    456
    Likes Received:
    117
    Location:
    Carletonville
    Soak it for a few weeks/days with a brick on it till it stays on the bottom of the container. Remember to do a few water changes.
     
  4. Jwh

    Jwh

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,737
    Likes Received:
    97
    Location:
    Pretoria
    +1 if you have a high power cleaner give it a good rinse
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Driftwood Forum Date
Wanted: Driftwood in the Durban area Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 7, 2026
Wanted: Driftwood Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 4, 2025
Wanted: Looking for any unwanted driftwood in Eastrand area Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 6, 2023
Driftwood question General Discussions Jun 23, 2021
Wanted: Wanted Driftwood CPT Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 24, 2021
Treating driftwood to prevent bba General Discussions Sep 3, 2020
Stinking driftwood General Discussions May 5, 2020

Share This Page