driftwood

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by blueskipjack, Apr 21, 2013.

  1. blueskipjack

    blueskipjack

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2012
    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    Hi can anyone help with advise for driftwood that still float after soaking for a week.I bought five pieces and two pieces still float after a week of soaking.Must I just carry on soaking them?
     
  2. Guest




  3. Barry.M

    Barry.M

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    539
    Likes Received:
    32
    Location:
    Kilner Park, Pretoria
  4. OP
    blueskipjack

    blueskipjack

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2012
    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    Hi thanks for the reply and the info.I will keep the wood in water for a longer period now.I found that some of my older pieces of wood still discolour my water and will soak them all for a longer period.Regards
     
  5. Barry.M

    Barry.M

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    539
    Likes Received:
    32
    Location:
    Kilner Park, Pretoria
    Always a pleasure. It can be very frustrating, but just be patient! It'll be well worth the wait...


    Sent from my iPhone using 100% recycled words!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - driftwood Forum Date
Wanted: Driftwood in the Durban area Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 7, 2026
Wanted: Driftwood Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 4, 2025
Wanted: Looking for any unwanted driftwood in Eastrand area Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 6, 2023
Driftwood question General Discussions Jun 23, 2021
Wanted: Wanted Driftwood CPT Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 24, 2021
Treating driftwood to prevent bba General Discussions Sep 3, 2020
Stinking driftwood General Discussions May 5, 2020

Share This Page