hi i bought a 3ft tank with metal stand last weekend,so to day went to buy some pine shelving.and built a cabinant around the tank using the steel frame as the main support for the tank. just need to stain the wood and give it a clear coat of polyurathane varnish,ill try post some pics if i can with my phone later deon
Hi, Please post pictures - I also have a metal stand which I would like to convert - but would like to get some ideas before I tackle this.......please share your tips & errors..... Thanks
I am also thinking of going the DIY route for my new tank to keep expenses down, so all tips will be very welcome!
sorry guys i cannot upload pics with my phone been trying since last week,for the cabinet i used pine .i screwd the sides to the stand i got 1m x 150mm piece at the bottom of the stand ,bottom of tank and top of stand i used 80mm wide piece to hide the polystyrene and slightly over lapping the top of the tank, made doors and shelves ,the lid i made one complete lid on hinges to make maintenance easy,i then stained it in antique oak woodstain then varnished with a clear gloss polyurethene varnished. it came out awesome.the project got me in the mood for woodwork again