Discount for ......?

Discussion in 'Pet Stop' started by Moolis, Sep 17, 2015.

  1. Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    Hi fellow hobbyists,

    You are always looking for better prices or discounts
    AND
    I am always looking for more customers.

    SO the question is ;
    How can we turn this into a WIN=WIN situation?[​IMG]

    Well I have a few ideas - but first lets hear yours?[​IMG]

    The first person with the best PRACTICAL IDEA and an idea that we implement, will get a Voucher and FREE DELIVERY of his purchase.[​IMG] *As long as FASTWAY deliver there

    So how to enter - send me a :
    1. PM
    2. Email moolis@petstopsa.co.za
    3. Whatsapp 0827825623 or
     
  2. Guest




  3. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Discount for Guppies :tongue:
     
  4. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    Moolis - you getting old, hard of reading, what is with the big fonts ? Hmmmm will it count as an idea to not shout at us with all them colours and crazy font sizes?
     
  5. OP
    Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    I had a bad day - my phone was stolen and I caught the $&@$&* 2 hours later. then found he threw away the 2 sim cards and SD card. So spent the day getting it all reinstated :(

    SO THIS WAS MY THERAPY TO GET POSITIVE AGAIN = I PLAYED :)

    NOW I FEEL BETTER :tongue:
     
  6. Quue

    Quue

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    605
    Likes Received:
    8
    Location:
    Cape Town
    I think maybe a discount on some of the cheaper fish and maybe 2 for 1 specials .... just some ideas or even discount on specific foods? that could be beneficial as well
     
  7. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    Good to hear you are almost on top of the world.



    Know that feeling - maybe you should take up a hobby like aaahhhh aquascaping - I hear it is very therapeutic.

    Later Ferdie
     
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  8. Jwh

    Jwh

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,737
    Likes Received:
    97
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Loyalty club, via the "Pet Stop Shoppers Card", discounts on everything after spending Rxxxx, members get fish at less 10%, two fish at less 15% etc, etc, Free entry to all training courses, leading suppliers e.g. Seachem, Tetra, Eheim to host talks on their equipment/ area of expertise, aquascaping courses, a once a year visit to the PTA zoo aquarium on a walk about with the curator.
    first choice on new shipments, the Pet Stop loyalty lounge with free booze and snacks, ok, maybe not this last one...
     
  9. Williamh

    Williamh

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2013
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Centurion
    Was also going to suggest a Loyalty Card, but your extra "perks" with the cards just trumps mine :laugh:
     
  10. TheGrissom

    TheGrissom

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2012
    Messages:
    2,266
    Likes Received:
    1,588
    Location:
    Gqeberha
    PM sent:cheesy:
     
  11. GregM

    GregM

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2015
    Messages:
    566
    Likes Received:
    75
    Location:
    Durban
  12. tanked72

    tanked72

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2015
    Messages:
    1,439
    Likes Received:
    0
    Pm sent
     
  13. OP
    Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    PM's received and posts noted, especially a customer lounge :cool:

    Up to now I received LOADS, LOADS and LOADS of messages and the customer loyalty card system are mentioned the most.
    BUT
    By character I want to investigate new frontiers, Do something not done before or be the best at something especially. We are not followers, we want to be leaders. WE WANT TO BE THE FIRST OR THE BEST!
    Where are the other ideas??????[​IMG]

    Guys think out of the box, we want something bright and new!!![​IMG]
    My personal idea, is something NEW and have not been done yet. But I am hoping that you guys can think of something even BETTER!!!

    There are loads of time and effort behind a project like this and therefore I would rather spend more time beforehand sifting through ideas and suggestions than realising afterwords there was something better.
    AND
    It must be WIN=WIN [​IMG]

    PS. I will start to investigate the practicality and implementation of the customer loyalty program, as this is obviously popular.
     
  14. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Loyalty cards are good but not living close by I can't shop there as often.

    When I go through all the effort of going all the way to the shop I would also like to be able to get some discount even though I can't shop there all the time.
     
  15. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    O my idea was actually some travel discount. I go to the shop with proof of residence and you guys give me discount for coming all that way
     
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  16. OP
    Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    @Vis

    Noted and your suggestion is a novel idea (I like) - how do you propose we monitor this without ending up being the "police"
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  17. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    OK most guys going there will have either a driver's license or Id anyway that can prove their name and ugly mug.

    He just takes the normal proof of residence required by most institutes like a municipality bill, bank statement pays slip etc to prove his address.

    Discount can be like 1% for every 20km travelled or such.
    Let's say up to max 15%.

    Discount will of course still be so you make a profit :) so the one or two really dishonest people won't bankrupt you.
    Quick search on Google maps can confirm distances.

    I go to my local LPS because we'll it's the closest. If I have to drive past it to get a little discount at a great shop, why not. Makes it worth while skipping Skippy on the corner.

    Actual figures I leave to you...
     
  18. OP
    Moolis

    Moolis

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1,441
    Likes Received:
    76
    Location:
    Pet Stop - Gezina Pta.
    @Vis

    That is thinking outside the box - I wonder how far you are:blink1:

    But this is what I am looking for. -
    Other forum members - What are your thoughts on this idea
    AND
    WHAT ARE YOUR IDEAS??????????
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  19. cliffy

    cliffy

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2015
    Messages:
    250
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Gonubie
    well i was thinking but stop as it gave me a headache
    a few pain pills and a random thought
    what if you took 3 items
    A) loyalty program
    B) a random Nr ie 1000
    C) a supplier also looking to better there customer relations

    toss that all in a box and you have a till slip sweep stakes
    so after ever 1000 (
    a random number ) total sales do a draw if that customer
    1)
    is not a member of your loyalty program get level C prize (Sponsored by you)
    2)
    is member of your loyalty program get level B prize (Sponsored by supplier)
    2)is member of your loyalty program and TASA get level A prize (Sponsored by you and a supplier)
    the draw is held at the shop with the suppiers and every one and you can have extra customer there trying to get a chance at the draw

    then again i do have a headache
    :frown:
     
  20. RaXoR_ZA

    RaXoR_ZA

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2014
    Messages:
    112
    Likes Received:
    37
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    A loyalty program would be great. However, boosting the local aquarium interest would be great as well.

    A few Ideas:
    1. Arrange an aquarium expo "brought to you by Pet Stop SA". Try and get Oliver Knott to come here. Or maybe start small
    2. Sponsor a local aquarist in an international competition.
    3. Similar to the loyalty program implement a referral incentive reward.
    4. A live and interactive website For a Pet Stop SA community

    ps. Sorry only saw the above post after posting this.
     
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  21. PsyXe

    PsyXe

    Joined:
    May 16, 2012
    Messages:
    891
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    PTA
    You know what I want? Weird, rare and interesting fish! Not the run of the mill stuff you get in every LFS. You guys are better at providing these than most, and your recent apisto/killi imports were a good thing, but a couple of years ago you would occasionally post a thread here and say "here are 10 species on our suppliers list, which 2 do you want us to bring in?" I'd like it if you'd do that again.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Discount Forum Date
Refer a Friend Discount ask in Store Pet Lovers Emporium Aug 14, 2017
Up to 50% DISCOUNT @ Pet Stop SA Pet Stop Jun 2, 2017
Lab quality water tests @ discounted prices @ Pet Stop SA Pet Stop Apr 21, 2017
Up to 50% BUCE DISCOUNTED Pet Stop Mar 9, 2017
Pre-ordering for a massive discount Pet Stop Feb 21, 2017
60% DISCOUNT - This is everything excluding ONLY.... Pet Stop Feb 6, 2017
Discus DISCOUNTED Pet Stop Jan 31, 2017

Share This Page