Daphnia...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Firefly, Jul 5, 2012.

  1. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    Hi all.

    Long time no thread.

    I got my hands on some daphnia today and would like to know how to set up an ideal environment for them to thrive in. I have a 3ft tank outside with green water and I pit some of the water into a bucket with the daphnia. I also put a small heater into the bucket to warm the water a bit. Order was water-heater-daphnia.

    What are your methods of keeping the little critters alive? This is focused at the Jedis of the aquarium.

    Thanks
     
  2. Guest




  3. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I think as long as the water is green, they will have some food to eat. So keep the tank/bucket in the sun, and you wont have a problem.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Daphnia Forum Date
Wanted: Live Daphnia Wanted/Swop/Freebies Aug 25, 2025
Wanted: Live daphnia or live culture wanted Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 7, 2022
daphnia General Discussions Mar 31, 2022
Wanted: Daphnia Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 18, 2020
Wanted: Daphnia cape town Wanted/Swop/Freebies Sep 20, 2020
Growing a daphnia colony General Discussions Aug 25, 2020
Wanted: Daphnia magna Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 16, 2019

Share This Page