corys

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by blueskipjack, Jan 17, 2013.

  1. blueskipjack

    blueskipjack

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2012
    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    Hi can anybody give me some advise on corys.I am thinking of getting some corys and put them with my convict and jewel cichlids,The convicts and jewels is in two seperate tanks.Will they be compatible?
     
  2. Guest




  3. oupoot

    oupoot

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1,119
    Likes Received:
    341
    Location:
    Randburg
    HI

    I dont think Corys will work to well with your fish, me and @Ammar had 5 corys in our tank at work along with a Crib, and now we have one left, the other 4 were nipped and eventually died, but i do not know the temprament of your cichlids so i might be wrong....
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. oscar freak

    oscar freak

    Joined:
    May 5, 2010
    Messages:
    3,655
    Likes Received:
    56
    Location:
    Kensington Jhb
    i dont advise it besides the different water parameters of the fish,your cichlids are to aggressive for cories
     
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  5. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Yes I agree with @oscar freak....look @ putting them in with some smaller and more peacefull fish. But they are a joy to keep, so if you can make a plan, then do so. Unless there is someone else here that actually keeps these species together that can proof this to not be the case?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  6. OP
    blueskipjack

    blueskipjack

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2012
    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth
    Hi Thank you for the advise.I will get some corys when I have build the new 200l tank I am planning.I want to do a planted tank with guppies, swords.mollies and platys and ad some corys for the bottom feeding.Any advise on what I can add to the two cichlid tanks for algae eating.In would like some type of catfish if possible.
     
  7. Hawk

    Hawk Clown Fish :-)

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    5,147
    Likes Received:
    80
    Location:
    Cape Town
    What about a common pleco? They're armoured! :bigsmile:
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - corys Forum Date
Wanted: Barbatus or Similis corys Wanted/Swop/Freebies Aug 25, 2025
Wanted: Long fin panda corys Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jun 26, 2022
Freebie: Cheries, Corys, Shrimp etc. (cape town, durbanville) Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 30, 2022
Gold Laser Corys Spawning Breeding Dec 19, 2021
Wanted: Julii corys Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 25, 2021
Some of my corys im breeding Breeding May 6, 2021
Wanted: Corys wanted Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 24, 2019

Share This Page