Cichlid Problems :(

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by i8aNooB, Aug 17, 2012.

  1. i8aNooB

    i8aNooB

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    54
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Centurion
    Hey guys and gals i have a long story now about health problems in my tank...
    about a month ago I bought 2 oscars and a pleco. put them in the tank and after about 4 days i noticed the Red Oscar was lying at bottom of tank not eating or swimming.
    Eventually I managed to diagnose 'Hole in the head' from lots of research so I put him into a hospital and dosed with Metro, at the same time I dosed the tank with metro.
    Then after a week he was happy again and I added him back into the tank.

    Then my fish got Ich, not sure if its because I didn't filter the metro out, so I added a bunch load of carbon and rasied the temp to 30 for a week and fed garlic.
    The Ich was gone :)

    Now I wake up this morning and check a weird white pimple in one of the small severum's nasal passages... :confused:
    Have done some searching and idk what it is...what could it be worms? fungus?

    Should I leave him be for a while to see if we can make a better diagnoses?

    As we all know how easy it is to photograph fish...here some photo's are, I realise it might look a bit like cotton wool fungus, but ill just watch like a hawk to see if it develops...but i don't think it is cotton wool.

    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]

    Thanks the for the help in advance :D
     
  2. Guest




  3. Jenn

    Jenn Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Johannesburg, Kensington

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Cichlid Problems Forum Date
Problems getting rid of cichlid fry. General Discussions Dec 26, 2016
Tang cichlid fin problems Cichlids Aug 11, 2014
Wanted: Macaw cichlid Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 31, 2026
Cockatoo cichlid breeders anywhere? Cichlids May 4, 2025
Wanted: American Cichlids, Discus and Plekos Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jan 8, 2025
Labidochromis caeruleus (Yellow lab cichlid) Beginner Discussions Oct 25, 2024
Wanted: Malawi Cichlids Wanted/Swop/Freebies Oct 1, 2024

Share This Page