choices choices... size does count but...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by natnat, Oct 22, 2010.

  1. natnat

    natnat

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2010
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Cape Town City Bowl
    I suspect I know what the answer is but still want to find out your opinion. I have a choice of 2 tanks both Boyu. Both same price, the first EB 1000 SIZE:1000Lx408Wx822H(mm) L: 261L (see pic) this is the one I like because of its modern design.
    The second Boyu, MODEL: LZ-1500 SIZE:1529Lx600Wx730H(mm) L: 520L . Basically this one is double the size at the same price, however I am not that crazy about how it looks.(see pic)

    Would love to hear what you think!

    EB 1000.jpg

    LZ1500.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. TroyFish

    TroyFish

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1,717
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Pretoria east, Elardus Park
    If i had this choice i would take the second one.

    Why pay the same price for a tank half the size?
    Besides that the design looks so much better.

    The black one...hmmm not so appealing. Focusing more on the tank than the work around it.
    Need something that complements each other.

    My 2c

    P.S does the second one come with the stand as shown?
     
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  4. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Agree with TM. I actualy prefer the look of the second one too
     
  5. wade

    wade

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Messages:
    171
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Prefer the 2nd one as well, and not just for size, it looks better in my opinion.
     
  6. OP
    natnat

    natnat

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2010
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Cape Town City Bowl
    Ok 4 /0 for second one! yes, it comes exactly as in the photo, stand included
     
  7. azurekoi

    azurekoi Loaches & Gobies

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    4,077
    Likes Received:
    61
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I'm a tall guy with long arms(6foot4) and cant get my arms down into a tank that is over 80cm deep,so although I like the clean lines of the first one better,would rather go for the second as it is slightly less deep.... just a practical choice for me...
     
  8. Q89

    Q89 Discus

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2010
    Messages:
    242
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Swakopmund
    Second one will be my choice.
     
  9. Firefly

    Firefly Pleco

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    2,333
    Likes Received:
    33
    Location:
    East London
    Second one looks better. I have seen the 1st and 2nd and the 2nd looks better quality (I know they are both Boyu but still).
     
  10. Slojo

    Slojo

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2009
    Messages:
    2,115
    Likes Received:
    24
    I'll go for size anyday.
    You know what they say.....................I'm driving a 3 Litre Merc!




    Seriously the larger the tank the easier the maintenance.
     
  11. scotty

    scotty

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2010
    Messages:
    254
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    George
    If you can buy a gretaer water volume for the same price there is no choice to be made. The more water the less severe and more time you tend to have when things go wrong . Do they both come with built in filtration or not?
     
  12. OP
    natnat

    natnat

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2010
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Cape Town City Bowl
    hi Scotty, yes they both come with built in filtration but i will still add an external canister filer.
    And Slojo, you know what they say about the Merc and the small...... but i am sure they are all jealous, and that for human, as it is for fish, the bigger the better (-;



    thank you for your advice!
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - choices choices size Forum Date
RSS Feed Inline Aquarium Heater: Our Top Choices RSS Feeds Dec 22, 2020
RSS Feed Aquarium Sponge Filter: Our Top 6 Choices RSS Feeds Dec 22, 2020
RSS Feed 40-Gallon Breeder Tank: Our Top Four Choices RSS Feeds Oct 2, 2020
RSS Feed 20-Gallon Fish Tank: Our Top 5 Choices RSS Feeds Sep 25, 2020
RSS Feed 5-Gallon Fish Tank: Our Top 4 Choices RSS Feeds Sep 14, 2020
RSS Feed 55-Gallon Fish Tank: Our Top 5 Choices RSS Feeds Sep 3, 2020
RSS Feed 30 Gallon Fish Tank: Our Top 5 Choices RSS Feeds Aug 17, 2020

Share This Page