Breeding siamese fighting fish

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Javei, Mar 3, 2013.

  1. OP
    Javei

    Javei

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2013
    Messages:
    565
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    pretoria
    Oky, recap: I have a 30x22x22 tank, with a submersible heaterset to 24. I have a floating plant and half cut foam cup, the female is in the same tank with that 2litre coke bottle idea.
    Now my questions are:
    1. will the male start building a nest directly or will it take some time? Hours,days,weeks?
    2. I did research and everywhere they say the female should have a darkish color when she is ready to breed, now how will I know the male knows what to do and that he is interessted?
    3.Is it normal for a male to swim around as if some ants are biting him?
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    Javei

    Javei

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2013
    Messages:
    565
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    pretoria
    If I'm not mistaken, my male is building a bubble nest under the half cut cup. He comes out sticks his head out of the water, go back and spit bubbles out. There is now two rows of bubbles, when should the female be released?
     
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  4. OP
    Javei

    Javei

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2013
    Messages:
    565
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    pretoria
    Oky, I found a female betta. Realy active and looks happy. Will try spawning again. Just want to make sure: I have a divider between them because the female goes crazy inside the coke bottle with holoes in and top, bottom cut of. How long before she has enough eggs so that I can introduce the two bettas by removing the divider?
     
  5. OP
    Javei

    Javei

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2013
    Messages:
    565
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    pretoria
    Well the female is getting fatter every day, I introduced her to another male because the first male wasn't interessted anymore.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Breeding siamese fighting Forum Date
Breeding shrimp query Breeding May 18, 2026
Guppy breeding and selection guidelines needed please. Breeding Feb 14, 2025
Advice on Three Spot Gurami breeding needed. Breeding Jan 18, 2025
Wanted: L46 Breeding Pair / Colony Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 4, 2024
Neolamprologus Multifaciatus (Shell dweller) breeding tank Breeding Jan 27, 2024
Trying our hand at Betta breeding Breeding Nov 25, 2023
Rili Shrimp Long Tem Breeding\Stripes General Discussions Jul 13, 2023

Share This Page