Breeding Log - Black Pair Crown Tails

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by keith1964, Jul 24, 2012.

  1. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Nice @keith1964 thats allot of BOCT`s its tough to get both male and female BOCT so consider yourself a lucky man....
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    The pair looks stunning together, tried male with one of my HM White Females not interested. Placed his female near him it like he becomes the most happiest male fish around. With this spawn their was no fuss or nipping, immediately the female gave him the nudge and bob the eggs flow. First few rounds looks like he ate the eggs, so I left had an appointment on. Came back they were still busy almost 4 hours and looked inside the nest big clusters of eggs.
     
  4. Skye01

    Skye01

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    Messages:
    1,273
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Rynfield, Benoni. GP
    @keith1964, we don't believe it if we can't see pictures of these stunning babies you keep telling us all about.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    I will only start posting pictures once I have transferred them over to grow-out tank. They way my spawning tanks are setup during winter is with bubblewrap and styrofoam board, so the lighting is not that powerful. I have some video clips on my fry tanks and internet problem at home cannot get a good wireless signal. I have taken some shots of them but the light was poor. With flash photography I do not want to scare them off with flash going off.
     
  6. Rooivlerkie

    Rooivlerkie

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Messages:
    1,206
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Westen Cape
    Congrats!
    I wish my bettas will spawn but yesterday I notice velvet on them all:frown:
    Only two looks sick the rest seem fine. But I am treating the whole tank
    Post some pics!
     
  7. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Fry are now 2months and 2 days old

    2012-09-27 05.16.37.jpg

    2012-09-27 05.16.59.jpg

    2012-09-27 05.17.32.jpg
     
  8. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Started to separate the bigger fry and transferring them into the 60L tank. Yellow/Gold CT fry are piglets does not give the Black CT fry a chance to eat.
     
  9. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    Hi Keith I see your fry is doing well, I will be interrested in 2 or 3 crown black females when they are ready to go!
     
  10. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    I will keep you posted, I see your fry is looking stunning. Black CT pair is ready for round number 2, but holding back, trying to get my plakats all to breed. I currently have 2 males with my 2 yellow/gold CT. I will see from my first plakat batch and hope to see if their are any good females that I would beable to use.
    I have a yellow HM female would like to cross with my HM Dragon Plakat Orange male.
     
  11. Rooivlerkie

    Rooivlerkie

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Messages:
    1,206
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Westen Cape
    They are very nice. Are you goining to sell some of them later?
     
  12. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    They will be for sale at about 5 months old. Both my yellow/gold CT females are currently in spawning tank with 2 HM Dragon Plakat Males.
     
  13. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Will be feeding fry frozen daphnia and blood worm once a week from next week.
     
  14. BBQ

    BBQ

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1,023
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Any pictures from all these breeds? (not refering only to this log- refering to other logs too)
    Wanna see pictures :D
     
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  15. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Over these past few days, there are some bigger that I will be moving over to my 60L tank.
     
  16. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Updated pictures

    2012-10-09 05.31.38.jpg

    2012-10-09 05.31.23.jpg
     
  17. HennieRoux

    HennieRoux

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    JHB, Roodepoort
    These black guys are looking great...think you need to ship some females to me when they are ready @keith1964
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  18. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hi Hennie

    I think the females are the grey looking fry as the dark black fry I can see that they are males as their fins are growing much longer than the grey fry, and they grey fry has a white spot under the abdomen.
     
  19. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Fry are now 13 weeks, growing and colouring up.

    2012-10-17 20.09.49.jpg

    2012-10-17 20.05.17.jpg

    2012-10-17 20.05.01.jpg

    2012-10-17 20.10.17.jpg

    2012-10-17 20.15.47.jpg
     
  20. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Fry is 20 weeks old, it seems that this batch has lots of females. I have not jarred many of them as they still tolerate each other. They are growing stunning most of the fry has this blue tint over the black.
     
  21. OP
    keith1964

    keith1964 Keith

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2010
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    7
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Picture updates

    Black Orchid Crown Tail Fry enjoying the ocean where they are now growing out.

    Tank Dimension - L 120cm x W45cm x H25cm

    Will set-up betta cages for all males around on the outer glass and females to swim around

    2012-12-19 05.54.44.jpg

    2012-12-19 05.54.27.jpg

    2012-12-19 05.42.54.jpg

    2012-12-19 05.54.33.jpg
     

Recent Posts

Loading...

Share This Page