Boesemani Rainbows

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JaLu, Apr 11, 2016.

  1. JaLu

    JaLu

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Has anybody seen some good looking Boesemani's for sale in Gauteng recently?
     
  2. Guest




  3. MariaS

    MariaS Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    Messages:
    8,740
    Likes Received:
    3,581
    Location:
    Klipriver, Midvaal
    I have often seen very nice ones at Loliloocks.. hope its spelt right..
     
  4. OP
    JaLu

    JaLu

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    I have no idea where that is unfortunately @MariaS. I'll get the details from you. Space a bit limited but for future reference when I get my new tank in the not to distant future.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. OP
    JaLu

    JaLu

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Nobody else seen any lately?
     
  6. Pierré Schoonraad

    Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,072
    Likes Received:
    700
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Pet Stop got some in last week

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
     
  7. OP
    JaLu

    JaLu

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Thanks for the heads up @Pierré Schoonraad. I thaught it was becoming a lost cause. I did manage to get some very nice healthy ones from Wazeers on Saturday.

    I won't buy from Pet Stop.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. Pierré Schoonraad

    Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,072
    Likes Received:
    700
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Why not?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. OP
    JaLu

    JaLu

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Personal reasons and there's many reputable dealers in Gauteng. Worth the drive if need be.

    I'm looking to expand the species of Rainbows I keep later on so please keep a eye open for me :)
     
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  10. Pierré Schoonraad

    Pierré Schoonraad Rainbow Freak

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,072
    Likes Received:
    700
    Location:
    Queenswood Pretoria
    Understand your situation. No problem. Doesn't help me the to tell you that they have Kutubu and Redtails as well

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
     
  11. OP
    JaLu

    JaLu

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
  12. col182

    col182

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg
    Saw some at fish for Africa on high road, think they fall under Kempton park area easy to get to them just off the R21 , just cant remember what type they were lol
     
  13. Heino13

    Heino13

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2016
    Messages:
    69
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Boksburg
    Was there 2 weeks or so ago

    Every 3rd tank had dead fish in. Be careful

    Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
     
  14. col182

    col182

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg
    Ya I saw a few dead ones and didn't buy anything , first time I have seen so many dead fish there .

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
     
  15. col182

    col182

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg
    But with that said I have bought from them once before that with no problems but I always quarantine anyway.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
     
  16. col182

    col182

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    Boksburg
    At pet masters now and they have boesmani, red irian, neon rainbows

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
     
  17. tanked72

    tanked72

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2015
    Messages:
    1,439
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey I love rainbows but I have cherry shrimp in all. My tanks and I. Don't think the two can mix together well
     
  18. OP
    JaLu

    JaLu

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    Messages:
    185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Thanks a lot for all the tips. Much appreciated.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Boesemani Rainbows Forum Date
Wanted: Rams / Boesemani Rainbows Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 20, 2021
Experience a Splash of Color with our Beautiful Rainbow Boesemanis Jungle Aquatics May 19, 2023
RSS Feed Boesemani Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia boesemani) Care Sheet RSS Feeds Jan 28, 2021
Boesemani rainbow fish water parameters General Fish Discussions Jan 16, 2020
Wanted: Quality Boesemani Rainbow Fish Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 7, 2017
boesemani rainbow fish fry Breeding Apr 14, 2014
Rainbow Boesemani Dorry Pets Jan 22, 2014

Share This Page