Blue Diamond Fry are swimming!

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Marco, May 12, 2011.

  1. Marco

    Marco Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,015
    Likes Received:
    287
    Location:
    Waverley Pretoria
    DSC_8714.jpg

    I'm going to say only this. . . .

    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

    DSC_8714.jpg
     
  2. Guest




  3. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
  4. pHish_man

    pHish_man Discus

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2011
    Messages:
    1,402
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Somerset West
    congrats!!!!
     
  5. Jenn

    Jenn Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Johannesburg, Kensington
    Excellent! Happy dance...

    :dancing2:
     
  6. Laracroft

    Laracroft

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2011
    Messages:
    253
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Strubensvalley - Roodepoort
    At long last
     
  7. OP
    Marco

    Marco Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,015
    Likes Received:
    287
    Location:
    Waverley Pretoria
    @Laracroft

    Lets not be unfair...they are still very young, and this is only their 3rd attempt! Shame they are still in a complete state of panic with the little guys around them. I just hope they dont get stressed too much by it and decide to have a 'light lunch'. . .
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. Go-Big

    Go-Big

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2010
    Messages:
    737
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    George
    Congrats Marco.

    What are you feeding the parents?
     
  9. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Yippppiiiiiiii!!!!!
     
  10. OP
    Marco

    Marco Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,015
    Likes Received:
    287
    Location:
    Waverley Pretoria
    @Go-Big

    Feed the parents? Gosh I didnt know I was suppose to feed them!
    JUST YANKING YOUR CHAIN!

    I feed Beefheart, flakes, brine shrimp, TetraPrima, bloodworm, mozzie larvae, prawn. Yeh, thats about it!

    I cant tell you guys how happy I am about these!
    @Altum - Bud, again, thanx for these GREAT fish! They are soooo awesome and not one person has seen them and not drooled! And now they are parents! (I hope they dont change that Titel anytime soon). . .
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  11. Laracroft

    Laracroft

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2011
    Messages:
    253
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Strubensvalley - Roodepoort
    @Marco, where do you get the prawn from?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  12. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Cape Town Fish Market make the best prawn.

    (Sorry- couldn't resist!)
     
  13. tracyp

    tracyp Lotus

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2010
    Messages:
    1,619
    Likes Received:
    31
    Location:
    Stanford, Western Cape
    Oh... fabulous!!! Hope all continues well, crossing all available digits!
     
  14. OP
    Marco

    Marco Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,015
    Likes Received:
    287
    Location:
    Waverley Pretoria
    @Laracroft

    I wrote prawns. . . Apologies, I meant PLANKTON! Plankton mix that I got from Dirk. I think I'm in the mood to celebrate so I think "Prawn. . .champagne. . ."
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  15. Laracroft

    Laracroft

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2011
    Messages:
    253
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Strubensvalley - Roodepoort
    I'll join you in at that one. Hey I sent you an email with some photo's did you get it?
     
  16. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Eeeuw waterkakkerlak and champagne ;)
     
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  17. mattie

    mattie

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    786
    Likes Received:
    44
    Location:
    Cape Town

    Great looking pair you have there!
    Congratulations.
     
  18. OP
    Marco

    Marco Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,015
    Likes Received:
    287
    Location:
    Waverley Pretoria
    Just a quick update.

    Mommy blue diamond went into a complete 'hissy-fit'! Attacking the male, her shadow, her reflection and even me when I feed them. This resulted in the death of 5 to 10 fry, and so the Judge in court awarded sole custody of the young to Mr. Blue diamond. (Mrs. BD has been enrolled in a compulsory anger management course)

    So now dad is doing it all, and he is doing ok. . . Some fry keep straying but imagine having to look after 60 odd babies all by yourself. I hope and believe he will manage.
    Its day 2 and they are still there, alive and eating!

    Rgds

    'Judge' Marco
     
  19. Jenn

    Jenn Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    26
    Location:
    Johannesburg, Kensington
    Probably just a case of the baby 'blues'. Difference between humans and fish - fish get to eat their young ;)
     
  20. Altum

    Altum Sponsor

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1,102
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    CAPE TOWN 7441
    Just KEEP TELLING me
    how HAPPY you are with those fish...hehe
    It's only a pleasure...BTW your Blue Diamond SnakeSkin will be sent to you mid next week, and , maybe the first of your Classic Brown....
    Isaid by 3rd you'd have fry, nd Male is gonna be fine with frycare solo.
    Female is same size, or smaller than male..?
    I recall she was about to OUTGROW him.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  21. OP
    Marco

    Marco Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,015
    Likes Received:
    287
    Location:
    Waverley Pretoria
    @Altum

    The female has actually outgrown the male. I put her along with other females in a tank for about a month, and just "fed and water change" the tank. It helped as she must have grown a cm in that time. He will catch up and overtake soon though, I'm sure of it. He is big but has not reached that "full chest" look you get in grown fish, so I'm sure he has at least two centimeters in him still.

    Cant wait for browns!!!!!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Blue Diamond swimming Forum Date
Wanted: Wanted blue drime/ diamond shrimp Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 8, 2017
A Grade Discus Shipment received! 5-6cm Discus Blue Diamond Discus Snow White... Jungle Aquatics Jul 30, 2013
A+ Grade Discus (6cm) In StockDiscus Blue DiamondDiscus Snow WhiteDiscus Léop... Jungle Aquatics Jun 29, 2013
Baby Snakeskin Blue Diamond discus Cichlids Jun 23, 2010
Freebie: Mbuna Ice Blue Zebra Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 4, 2026
Wanted: Blue/Pink Ramshorn Snails Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 10, 2025
Launch Alert! The New Jecod DMP Bluetooth Wavemakers Jungle Aquatics Jun 9, 2025

Share This Page