Blue Danio disease

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gregorian, Apr 11, 2011.

  1. Gregorian

    Gregorian

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Messages:
    174
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Kraaifontein, Western Cape
    Hi. I have a few Danios in my community tank. Some of there are a bit overweight as they always eat first, They follow me around the tank as they now I am the top of the food chain.

    I had to take one out as it could not swim anymore and put him in a small holding tank.

    First question. What diseases do they get? He is just fat, not bend in any way and nothing crowing on him as I can see. He is in a holding tank now for a week and slowly getting thinner, but still can swim. I still feed him but very little. What disease if any do they get?

    Last question. How do I know if I feed my fish to much or too little as they always look hungry? The Danios and Plattys are always first to grab the food when I feed them so they are on the fat side. The rest of the fish (Black widow Tetras, Congo Tetras, Neons and Cardinals) look "normal". The ground feeders are fed sinking pellets but the Danios nibble on that as well.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Blue Danio disease Forum Date
4x Blue Zebra Danios Giveaway General Fish Discussions Jul 7, 2014
Rosyfin Tetras with Blue Danios Beginner Discussions Jul 31, 2012
Freebie: Mbuna Ice Blue Zebra Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 4, 2026
Wanted: Blue/Pink Ramshorn Snails Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 10, 2025
Launch Alert! The New Jecod DMP Bluetooth Wavemakers Jungle Aquatics Jun 9, 2025
Wanted: female gardneri steel blue killifish Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 18, 2024
Wanted: Blue Jelly Shrimp (Culls Accepted) Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 15, 2024

Share This Page