Bettas new home

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by StainedSilva, Apr 30, 2015.

  1. StainedSilva

    StainedSilva

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2015
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hey Guys,

    I converted my Jebo R310 shrimp colony into a betta tank, im new to bettas and would like to know whether his lack of swimming around is because he is still getting used to the surroundings?

    I have plants and things inside for him to hide, the water is heated to 24 degrees, PH is around 7.5 to 8.0.

    I dont like the pump flow currently though, it might be a bit too strong, imho I think it might be this that he doesnt like so tends to stay at the bottom?

    Does anyone know how to reduce the current flow for the jebo stock filters? Im hesitant to block the outlet as it might overheat the filter or something...
     
  2. Guest




  3. Keke89

    Keke89

    Joined:
    May 11, 2014
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    1
    I think a picture would help. But in my experience my betta took about 3 days to get use to its new enviroment and and my betta quite likes a little bit of current in the tank.
     
  4. Keke89

    Keke89

    Joined:
    May 11, 2014
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    1
    He was also just lying on the bottom for the first couple of days.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Bettas home Forum Date
Bettas in Port Elizabeth Beginner Discussions Jan 20, 2025
Incredible Show Quality Bettas Jungle Aquatics May 16, 2023
OVER 100 Fancy Bettas Available Jungle Aquatics Jun 30, 2022
Wanted: Looking for Koi Plakat Bettas and Amano Shrimp in Cape Town area Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 16, 2021
Premium Bettas in house Viking Aquatics SA May 22, 2021
Wanted: Female Bettas KZN Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 19, 2021
Female Bettas - Dropsy Beginner Discussions Feb 7, 2021

Share This Page