betta hammock?

Discussion in 'Labyrinth Fish' started by eel, Sep 23, 2010.

  1. eel

    eel

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2010
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Somerset West, CT
  2. Guest




  3. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Yes they do :) I have not seen these around but some time back I noticed my betta would always try and sleep as close to the surface as possible. So he always slept on the heater or something and getting his fins caught.
    So I made a DIY hammock and installed it close to the service.
    Each night when it was time for the lights to go out I would find him already on his bed :D
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  4. Kel-Sol

    Kel-Sol

    Joined:
    May 20, 2010
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Centurion
    Never seen it but I've heard about it. I know people use it especially for sick bettas (who are weak) so they are close to the water surface to breathe. I think they would sleep on it. My betta rests on his plants and uses them as "hammocks". Especially the ones with big leaves!
     
  5. OP
    eel

    eel

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2010
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Somerset West, CT
    I wanted to make one a time back when one of my bettas was very sick, but saw no pics or anything on the net.
     
  6. Kel-Sol

    Kel-Sol

    Joined:
    May 20, 2010
    Messages:
    319
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Centurion
    Maybe Vis can opena thread explianing what he did, if there isn't already one. Hint hint:blink1:...
     
  7. shihr

    shihr Glosso

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1,838
    Likes Received:
    18
    Location:
    JHB
    why not just plant a real plant? it porb costs less and is natural any ways..
     
  8. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    I have a simply submersed pump in the one corner of my tank to increase circulation in the tank as a way to combat algae. It sits about 10mm below the surface, and whenever you want to find Mr. Beta, you can be guaranteed to find him sitting on the top of the filter. Fortunately the inlet to the filter is at the bottom, so there is no chance of damage to him.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - betta hammock Forum Date
RSS Feed Best Betta Hammock – Our Top 5 Picks RSS Feeds Jan 13, 2021
WANTED: betta hammock leaf and LED clip on light... Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 23, 2016
Betta bed leaf hammock General Discussions Feb 17, 2015
Your Betta Fish Has Seen Things. It's Time to Do Better Jungle Aquatics May 3, 2026
Wanted: Platinum Halfmoon Betta Wanted/Swop/Freebies Feb 25, 2025
Bettas in Port Elizabeth Beginner Discussions Jan 20, 2025
Wild betta species Species Tanks Feb 18, 2024

Share This Page