Bad neighbours?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by StainedSilva, Mar 2, 2015.

  1. StainedSilva

    StainedSilva

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2015
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Hey people, so I bought some new fish from my local lfs after selling 15 females and keeping 4 males. The idea was to have an all male malawi tank ( pretty colours etc ). The 4 males I have are ngara flametail peacocks. Quite large(larger then the new occupants) and seem pretty chilled. The new additions on recommendation from the lfs are 2 auratas(golden mbuna) which after I did some research discovered they are females and not males like I was told( males are dark the females are yellow), 2 jewel cichlid males, and 2 other malawis I havent yet identified but were told they male, they are black though. At the moment they are all gettimg along fine as the lfs guy assured they would. I just want to know if in the future I will have a liquid hell in my tank. Its a 110l tank. I also started to notice my flametails "shimmying" like almost vibrating and then they would swim off and display. Are they courting the female mbunas(they did the shimmy on addition and restructure of the tank and fishmates) I have some pics so you can see size wise where im at with this lot.

    uploadfromtaptalk1425338872919.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425338916080.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1425338872919.jpg

    uploadfromtaptalk1425338916080.jpg
     

Recent Posts

Share This Page