Aquascaping Tools

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Sean J, Jan 10, 2012.

  1. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Hey guys and girls...

    I have managed to procure a couple of sets of Aquascaping tools. Note that these are NOT ADA or DO!AQUA Products.

    They are not the super long ones, they are the medium ones. 20cm long.

    The Tweezers and scissors sets are R110
    [​IMG]

    The Curved Scissors are 25cm and are R100/each. They are Surgical Quality Stainless steel.
    [​IMG]

    Guys, these are not like the ones you get from ebay. The scissors are surgical quality and the Tweezers are also great quality.

    If any of you Cape Town Guys want a set, I will bring some with me.
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. Wyvren

    Wyvren Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Messages:
    2,549
    Likes Received:
    21
    @Sean J yes!!! I love you I think! That will be perfect. Can I order it on the site?
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    No, PM me an order. I will bring it with me next week.
     
  6. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    I think a "bump" is necessary on this thread. (@Sean J - I hope you still have, or can source more stock)

    These tools are amazing! I did some trimming and cleaning up over the weekend, and because these scissors were so great I over did it a bit.

    I've even gone a bit over the top and have these tools hanging all nicely on the inside of my tank's cabinet. (Wife says I now need to put a lock on the cabinet and childproof it.. before little'un arrives.)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  7. Wyvren

    Wyvren Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Messages:
    2,549
    Likes Received:
    21
    Hahahahaha @Zoom, I just have to wait for Saturday, then I will have mine as well! Cannot wait tho!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  8. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I have the curved scissors still. I need to go get more stock. I will be going for more stock on Friday morning. Then I will have plenty.
     
  9. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Ok, new stock is in! I have some new tweezers too...

    15cm Curved Tweezers: R55
    [​IMG]
     
  10. Wyvren

    Wyvren Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2011
    Messages:
    2,549
    Likes Received:
    21
    @Sean J - STOP IT NOW!

    I cant get anymore goodies and your tempting me non stop!

    Fortunately I am now broke so I will be able to resist for now :p
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  11. ivan

    ivan Aquascaper

    Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    Messages:
    681
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Centurion
    really like these tools
     
  12. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Hi Sean can I reserve a curved scissor and tweezer? Will come and pick it up with a 2kg CO2 bottle. I got a regulator.

    Going on leave the same time you do so will only be after that.
     
  13. CharlieB

    CharlieB

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2011
    Messages:
    217
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Salt Rock, KZN
    @SeanJ, Considering the prices of the cheaper ebay set you can get, your prices are actually pretty damn good! Would def spend a few extra bucks for your quality set rather. Do you have constant stock as I think a set of these could be my next pay day present :)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  14. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    @Vis - Yup, no problem. I will hang on to some for you. See you when you come back, or I can post them Via normal Speed Services to you if you want?

    @CharlieB - If you want some and don't want to pay postage, i am coming to Ballito on Saturday for a well deserved week off. Let me know. Drop me a PM.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  15. DesertConvert

    DesertConvert Toad

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Messages:
    571
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Which is better for the task at hand...the curved scissors & tweezers, or the straight ones?
     
  16. OP
    Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    I'd go for curved. More versatile. And you can trim your ground cover plants with curved. For tweezers, strait ones are perfect.
     
  17. DesertConvert

    DesertConvert Toad

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2011
    Messages:
    571
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Pretoria
    Do you still have stock? How would I get it from you? Also through an LPS? Or directly from you?
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Aquascaping Tools Forum Date
Aquascaping toolset(Scissor, tweezer General Equipment discussion Dec 13, 2024
Aquascaping tools General Equipment discussion Jun 11, 2011
Redefining Aquascaping: The Magic of Algae Balls Jungle Aquatics May 18, 2023
Introducing the Eastern Cape Aquarium & Aquascaping Club General Discussions May 11, 2023
South African Aquascaping Contest 2022 Planted Tanks Mar 5, 2022
South African Aquascaping Contest 2021 Planted Tanks Jan 15, 2021
Shrimp & AquaScaping Workshop (Pta 2 Feb) General Discussions Jan 30, 2020

Share This Page