Apples or BN's in Methylene Blue??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cheetah, Oct 17, 2011.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    Just because I was bored on Saturday,..... I went out and set up my Comets for breeding..... well within 3 minutes, they started spawning (only 1 female - to 2 males).....

    When I removed them..... I decided to hatch the eggs in a methylene blue tank - never done it to my goldfish yet, (normally only when I artificially hatch Angel eggs) but just to give it a try & see if I get less white (fungussed) eggs...... I certainly did get less fungussed eggs.

    They hatched today and there are about 2 million ( :lol: ) fry hanging from the glass...... Now my question is......

    1. Do I put Apple snails in there to ensure infusoria and cleaning of uneaten powdered flakes.... (certainly not wasting brine shrimp on comets)

    OR......

    2. Do I put a couple of BN fry (about half inch) in there for the same purpose????

    Somewhere in my distant past, I heard or read that methylene blue is not good for (or will actually kill) either of these?...... Anyone know??
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Apples BN's Methylene Forum Date
Golden Apples and their shells General Discussions Feb 5, 2014
Breeding BN'S Breeding May 28, 2012
Are BN's naturally slow growers?? Catfish May 24, 2012
My BN's are finaly breeding in an outside pond!!! Breeding Jun 22, 2011
I want choc Gouramies and adult bn's Sponsor Requests Sep 18, 2010

Share This Page