Another DIY LED Light Unit

Discussion in 'Anything DIY related' started by llewellynkearney, Mar 9, 2014.

  1. OP
    llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    Yes I'm planning on starting this weekend. Where did you buy yours and what did you buy?
     
  2. Guest




  3. JmspZoid

    JmspZoid

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2014
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Bloemfontein
    Sweet!!
     
  4. OP
    llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    Ok, so I went and bought all the stuff needed for EI dosing. I started dosing this morning after my water change. Here is a pic of what the tank looks like now. 20140413_121433.jpg

    Water is a bit cloudy from the ferts. I'll update it in 2 weeks again to show the growth.

    20140413_121433.jpg
     
  5. OP
    llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    Hi Guys

    I said I'll update in 2 weeks, but was a lil busy.
    Here are a few pics of my tank 4 weeks after I started dosing EI. Really got some awesome growth.


    please comment.
    20140511_164513.jpg20140511_164501.jpg20140511_164454.jpg

    20140511_164513.jpg

    20140511_164501.jpg

    20140511_164454.jpg
     
  6. f-fish

    f-fish #unspecified

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2009
    Messages:
    9,642
    Likes Received:
    2,260
    Location:
    JHB - Randburg
    Any downside to this build - I like what I am seeing, but if you had to do it again what would you change?

    Also what temp is the lighting unit, one of my winter dreams is to use the tank water to cool the lights in winter and so reduce the heat needed via a heater.

    Later Ferdie
     
  7. OP
    llewellynkearney

    llewellynkearney Llewellyn Kearney

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2012
    Messages:
    844
    Likes Received:
    67
    Location:
    Meyerton
    Hi f-fish
    So far I've not noticed any downside for me. If I had to do it all over again I'd change nothing.
    Not 100% sure what the light running temp is. It's running really cool, if I had to guess I'd say between 25 deg and 35deg, but that's just a guess.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Another Light Unit Forum Date
Another boring light question General Discussions Apr 3, 2014
Another boring lighting question - advise needed General Discussions Apr 30, 2013
Another Light question - not again... Planted Tanks Nov 28, 2011
Another Noob in the tank ! New members Mar 16, 2024
Should i add another blue ram(blue ram help) Community Tanks Oct 10, 2021
Another one :-) Beginner Discussions Feb 23, 2021
Another ID please :) ID Needed Jun 24, 2020

Share This Page