Another 3ft Tank - what setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KiazerG, Jan 11, 2010.

  1. KiazerG

    KiazerG Sailfin Molly

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2009
    Messages:
    441
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Durban
    I've just got myself another 3ft tank... the deal was too good to turn away from lol :p

    So what should I set it up as now???

    I've ordered 2 T5 lights for it so that I can get plants but thats pretty much where it ends in terms of planning....

    My two current 3fts are a (1) Sailfin Molly planted tank with a pair of kribensis which are busy fending off the sailfins from their eggs and a (2) cave tank with one pair of kribensis which are looking after some fry.

    Any suggestions would be great.... looking for something unusual!
     
  2. Guest




  3. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Dwarf Cichlids? They make brilliant tank mates to many peaceful fish! They breed if the conditions are good, and thanks to a couple of the sponsors on this site, they are becoming easier to get hold of locally!

    Dwarf cichlids rock!

    Check this site out: http://www.dwarfcichlid.com
     
  4. OP
    KiazerG

    KiazerG Sailfin Molly

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2009
    Messages:
    441
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Durban
    Lol I nearly ordered some dwarfs from Dolphin..... think that may be a good option!

    One Q Slagter - in terms of keeping them should I get a pair or do they do better in a group of one male 3 females. I've seen some conflicting reports??
     
  5. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Depends on the species really...

    Most of the ones I've kept do really well in pairs. Including: A cacatuoides, A agassizi, A hongsloi, A sp Steel Blue, A pandurini, A trifasciata, etc...

    These are the most common ones available, except the Pandurini. They really do make fantastic additions to any tank.
     
  6. OP
    KiazerG

    KiazerG Sailfin Molly

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2009
    Messages:
    441
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Durban
    in your opinion which species would you recommend in terms of ease of care and interesting behaviour??
     
  7. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    Sorry for the late reply dude...

    For ease of care I'd suggest A cacatuoides. They are really cool and do very well in community tanks.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Another Tank setup Forum Date
Another Noob in the tank ! New members Mar 16, 2024
Another 4ft tank stand Anything DIY related Aug 8, 2017
Another 2ft Shrimp tank Members Systems May 21, 2015
Starting another tank Cichlids Sep 21, 2014
Another tank crack saga. General Discussions May 1, 2014
Another day of floaters in the tank Beginner Discussions Jan 21, 2014
Another forum's Tank of the year voting poll. TOTM Oct 1, 2013

Share This Page