Angels

Discussion in 'Species Tanks' started by Marius Swart, Dec 8, 2014.

  1. Marius Swart

    Marius Swart Guppies

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1,893
    Likes Received:
    45
    Location:
    Oudtshoorn
    So this is my first angels . Must say I do really enjoy them as for personality . Any info on type and extra tips welcome . Its a 3ft I know its a bit small , or is it too small ? Filtration is a cascade 300 HOB ''1140 Liters per Hour '' , so on the one side there is strong flow but more then half the tank only gets slight flow . Temp running on 23 at the moment . There is plants for hiding , I noticed all 3 hides there but as soon as anyone looks at the tank they are right there in front of you again .
    [video=youtube_share;rRUx3f6JNpw]http://youtu.be/rRUx3f6JNpw[/video]
     
  2. Guest




  3. Kieshara

    Kieshara

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2014
    Messages:
    394
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    East london,kei mouth
    wow they look so awsome...
     
  4. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    @Marius Swart,

    3 foot should be ok.

    I find that a group of 6 or so Angels, with some dithers in a 4 ft (250L) tank looks fantastic.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  5. OP
    Marius Swart

    Marius Swart Guppies

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1,893
    Likes Received:
    45
    Location:
    Oudtshoorn
    @Kieshara thank you , @Reedfish I did some reading on the dithers and sound like a great plan , will cherrie barbs work as I want to move them from the co2 tank as they are to aggressive . Also how many angels in a 3ft ? I just have the 3 and a flying cow (fox) in there
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  6. Vis

    Vis Gerhard

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    6,130
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    Rustenburg
    Hi Marius, you gonna run into trouble with 3 angels in a 3ft. You will soon notice that one is gonna get bullied to a point where it won't even want to eat. A paired angel pair works in a 3ft but I would rather go with 5 - 6 angels in a 250L tank. Angels ideally need 50L per fish and a higher tank.
     
  7. quattro

    quattro

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2014
    Messages:
    540
    Likes Received:
    17
    Hi guys. I am thinking of buying some angelfish from someone that I hear is 8 to 12 cm plus minus. One paired pair and a female. I already have 3 half blacks and a platinum one but they are about 8 cm in my 450L tank. Will the size difference be tp big or will they be fine?
     
  8. OP
    Marius Swart

    Marius Swart Guppies

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1,893
    Likes Received:
    45
    Location:
    Oudtshoorn
    Maybe I should upgrade to a bigger tank then :nuts: . but will have to see , thanks @Vis , ill keep an eye on that .
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  9. quattro

    quattro

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2014
    Messages:
    540
    Likes Received:
    17
    Sorry marius just checked this thread and thought I'd pop in a question
     
  10. OP
    Marius Swart

    Marius Swart Guppies

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1,893
    Likes Received:
    45
    Location:
    Oudtshoorn
    No problem @quattro , I think with that amount of angels that wont be a problem but rather wait on someone with more knowledge on angels .
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  11. RHox

    RHox Sponsor

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2014
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    George
    Cute glad they in good hands ☺
     
  12. neilgouws

    neilgouws

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2012
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Bellville
    Awesome angels! I would upgrade to a bigger tank, from my experience albeit limited, angels in a 3 foot don't really work out.
     
  13. OP
    Marius Swart

    Marius Swart Guppies

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1,893
    Likes Received:
    45
    Location:
    Oudtshoorn
    Thanks everyone , @RHox , jip hulle is stunning , stuur more vir my n quote op n 250l tank as jy kan met deksel asb man . @neilgouws yes ill try to upgrade as soon as possible , I might have a 4ft in BWes coming this way soon
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  14. Reedfish

    Reedfish Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    13,311
    Likes Received:
    3,714
    Location:
    UK
    Yup, if 2 form a pair, the 3rd one will be bullied.
     
  15. OP
    Marius Swart

    Marius Swart Guppies

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1,893
    Likes Received:
    45
    Location:
    Oudtshoorn
    Thanks @Reedfish , im busy looking for a bigger and higher tank , will keep things updated . So far no fighting
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Angels Forum Date
Wanted: Koi Angels Large Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 17, 2025
Wanted: Red Devil Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 7, 2024
Manacapuri angels General Discussions Feb 4, 2024
Wanted: Freebie: 2 large Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 1, 2023
Hi I have a 4ft tank with angels and discus for R2500 if anyone is interested JHB Aquarists Nov 16, 2022
Wanted: Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 10, 2022
Wanted: Pearlscale Platinum Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 30, 2022

Share This Page