Angels getting ready... ??

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by ACE007, Apr 1, 2010.

  1. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Heehee... I think mine made it to round 50 before we got to free swimming. Granted the first 45 were in the community tank!

    Congrats again Ace
     
  2. Guest




  3. OP
    ACE007

    ACE007 VA-TI-KA-KI

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    872
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ Goodwood
    Ok now it's getting out of hand :p:p:p:p

    I have a 3rd pair that spawned last night. This morning they were fanning the eggs.

    :bigsmile::bigsmile:
     
  4. Linxie

    Linxie

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,821
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    haha that's excellent Ace ^^, Time for more tanks :D Think Veegal & Zafgak can offer some inspiration in that department ^^,
     
  5. OP
    ACE007

    ACE007 VA-TI-KA-KI

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    872
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ Goodwood
    Don't tell the wife :eek: There is 4 x 60cm tanks in the garage and I'm sitting with 2 x 90 cm in my bantam bakkie. My dad is welding up a stand for those 2.

    I think MTS hit me GOOD :eek::eek:
     
  6. Linxie

    Linxie

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,821
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    lol nah won't say a word :D ARe they in use yet?
    MTS definitely hit you good LOL one just can't help it though. You can't just have one tank... it's impossible :p
     
  7. OP
    ACE007

    ACE007 VA-TI-KA-KI

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    872
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ Goodwood
    Only the one 60cm has my Endlers in. They are also breeding like crazy :p
    The other 3 x 60cm and obviously the 2 x 90cm is to be setup soon :p
    Seeing that I have 3 pairs that decided to spawn I need the 3 x 60cm's for them.
    Then I need the 2 x 90cm tank for grow out?? Do you think I'll pass on that :wondering:
    Was only suppose to be 2 tanks max in the garage. :eek::eek:
     
  8. Linxie

    Linxie

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,821
    Likes Received:
    10
    Location:
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    hahahaha I think you might as well clear that garage out now, and start turning it into a fish room :D alternatively, build a wendy house in the back. (wow, freak storm for a second there)

    I think that should be enough space for them to grow out.

    You can have the teenage fish in one tank, then the adults in the next, and sell from the adult tank (hope I'm making sense here)
     
  9. Gert Combrink

    Gert Combrink

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1,786
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Protea Hights, Brackenfell, Cape Town.
    Good luck Ace007, You have seen what my garage look like!
    Just plan it in advance, it is not that easy to move 6 or 10 tanks on stands, around in a garage.
    Gert.
     
  10. shakester

    shakester

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2010
    Messages:
    368
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Newcastle
    sooo ,these fish are easy to breed ?
     
  11. OP
    ACE007

    ACE007 VA-TI-KA-KI

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    872
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ Goodwood
    Hell I don't know hey :wondering: Maybe I just got lucky

    They just going wild in my tank. I'm thinking of setting up the 3 x 60cm tanks over the weekend and get them running. And then next weekend maybe putting in the first pair that spawned. And try my luck...
     
  12. Donny

    Donny

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2009
    Messages:
    2,283
    Likes Received:
    22
    Location:
    Churchill Estate, Parow
    Good Luck Ace

    My name is Ace and i have MTS :)

    Every tank that you set up buy your wife a small present and when she asks why just say its cause you want to lol :)
     
  13. mc 1

    mc 1 mad about fish

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    Messages:
    308
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    constantia in cape town
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  14. OP
    ACE007

    ACE007 VA-TI-KA-KI

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    872
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ Goodwood
    I'm up to my 6th try at this and at last the parents decided to leave the fry and they are now around 3 weeks old.

    :eek::eek::eek: BUT to my surprise last night when I got home the female decided that the 150+ fry in the tank is not enough... :p

    To those that know. What do I do now?? Do I leave the fry in there? Do I remove the pot / eggs? HELP :amazed:

    IMG00043-20100811-2110.jpg

    IMG00044-20100812-0614.jpg
     
  15. Donny

    Donny

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2009
    Messages:
    2,283
    Likes Received:
    22
    Location:
    Churchill Estate, Parow
    I would leave everything as it is.
     
  16. Marco

    Marco Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    May 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,015
    Likes Received:
    287
    Location:
    Waverley Pretoria
    I'd move the fry to grow out tanks.
     
  17. Donny

    Donny

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2009
    Messages:
    2,283
    Likes Received:
    22
    Location:
    Churchill Estate, Parow
    if the fry are eating on their own then i would agree with Marco but move them with there water .
     
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  18. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    I had this problem as well... twice. The first time the angels ate their fry trying to protect their eggs. So the second time they laid, I scraped the eggs off the leaf, and alas, everything was chowed by the angels again.

    I would move the fry to another tank.
     
  19. OP
    ACE007

    ACE007 VA-TI-KA-KI

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    872
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\ Goodwood
    Well looks like I'm lucky so far. The fry is still there. Will siphon water from the one tank to a new tank and catch the fry over tomorrow evening. The eggs should only hatch around Saturday so should be ok. Fingers crossed.

    This female that is in there is crazy. She does not want the male to get close to the fry to clean them or the eggs to fan them. She is trying to do everything herself.
     
  20. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    Sounds like a typical female!
     
  21. Gert Combrink

    Gert Combrink

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1,786
    Likes Received:
    16
    Location:
    Protea Hights, Brackenfell, Cape Town.
    Ace, that female sounds like, she is not "VA-TI-KA-KI"
    I suggest that you move the fry with some of their water to a grow out tank, as she will eat/damage the older fry, if they come close to the eggs/fry/wrigglers.
    The parental care will go into overdrive - remove the older fry immediately, or suffer the same consequences, as I have...
    My bit of advice, if it's worth something!
    Gert.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Angels getting ready Forum Date
HELP My Angels is getting funny spots Diseases Nov 25, 2011
Wanted: Koi Angels Large Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 17, 2025
Wanted: Red Devil Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 7, 2024
Manacapuri angels General Discussions Feb 4, 2024
Wanted: Freebie: 2 large Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 1, 2023
Hi I have a 4ft tank with angels and discus for R2500 if anyone is interested JHB Aquarists Nov 16, 2022
Wanted: Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 10, 2022

Share This Page