Angels and Dwarf Gaurami

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Wynie, May 20, 2011.

  1. Wynie

    Wynie

    Joined:
    May 16, 2011
    Messages:
    46
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg (East Rand)
    Can anyone tell me if Angels & Dwarf gaurami go together?
     
  2. Guest




  3. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    @Madam will be able to answer you on this one
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  4. TMD

    TMD

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Florida, GP
    I currently have two angels and five gourami's in the same tank, and no problems at all. But then again, a couple of months ago I had an angel that did not get along with anything... In theory, it should work, as the dwarf gourami's are very peaceful (however, they do get their moods once in a while!). I suppose it all depends on the temperament of the fish itself...
     
  5. OP
    Wynie

    Wynie

    Joined:
    May 16, 2011
    Messages:
    46
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg (East Rand)
    Thanks I appreciate the feedback.
    Im going to get some of these just need to get some of my fish adopted first tho before i get more angels & before my two angels grow up.
     
  6. Madam

    Madam Kirsty

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2009
    Messages:
    310
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Hi... Thanks for the mention Zoom...
    Firstly, dwarf gourami's don't always get along with each other - please be wise and just get one male, with several females. When more than one male is kept in a tank, they'll mostly fight with eachother.
    I had some dwarf gourami's with two angels, and they were fine together, but I got the angels afterwards when they were small, and so the gourami's had time to "adjust" to them.

    At a later stage, when my angels were fully grown, I took in an 'orphaned' gourami, which turned out to be TERRIFIED of the angels, and did nothing but hide in a corner and freak out when the angels were nearby. So, it's a little difficult to comment, but yes, I would agree that you should get the gourami's before your angels grow up fully.

    Hope it helps, happy fishing!
     
  7. OP
    Wynie

    Wynie

    Joined:
    May 16, 2011
    Messages:
    46
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg (East Rand)
    My angels is still the size of a R2 coin so maybe this would be the right time.
    I hope the pet shop has stock of the Gaurami's.
     
  8. Madam

    Madam Kirsty

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2009
    Messages:
    310
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Johannesburg
    Aaaag, cute little baby angel-tjies!! :) Yes, now would be best - good luck!
     
  9. OP
    Wynie

    Wynie

    Joined:
    May 16, 2011
    Messages:
    46
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Johannesburg (East Rand)
    Thanks chouw
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Angels Dwarf Gaurami Forum Date
Wanted: Koi Angels Large Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 17, 2025
Wanted: Red Devil Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Mar 7, 2024
Manacapuri angels General Discussions Feb 4, 2024
Wanted: Freebie: 2 large Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies May 1, 2023
Hi I have a 4ft tank with angels and discus for R2500 if anyone is interested JHB Aquarists Nov 16, 2022
Wanted: Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jul 10, 2022
Wanted: Pearlscale Platinum Angels Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 30, 2022

Share This Page