Altum Spawn

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Razer2007, Jun 17, 2012.

  1. Razer2007

    Razer2007 Danelle Vivier

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1,278
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Melkbosstrand, Cape Town
    Not me - no.

    On Finarama (Angelfish and Discus forum) a member got his pair to spawn!

     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Guest




  3. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    I never thought this to be much of an achievement untill I listened to The prof at the expo.... it's like some 40 years ago when I spawned my first Blue Acara..... all available literature at the time said... "Not yet bred in Captivity"..... of course I was very chuffed with myself.... Are we getting better at keeping and breeding fish.... or are the fish getting better at being kept and bred????.....
     
  4. OP
    Razer2007

    Razer2007 Danelle Vivier

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1,278
    Likes Received:
    17
    Location:
    Melkbosstrand, Cape Town
    Getting an Altum to spawn is most def a big achievement. These are most probably wild caught, so the fish doesn't get easier to breed, only in the next generations which are tank bred fish themselves. I guess people are getting better. Equipment, science and experience are getting better.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Altum Spawn Forum Date
Pearlscale "Peruvian Altum" Scalare Angels Spawned Breeding Jan 11, 2013
Wanted: Altum angelfish Wanted/Swop/Freebies Dec 2, 2021
Any way to contact Altum? Sponsor Requests Mar 22, 2017
RARE Angelfish less 40% - Pinoy & Paruvian Altums Pet Stop Dec 8, 2015
jip they are ALTUMS General Discussions Nov 17, 2015
Altum or not ? Cichlids Jul 13, 2014
Frontosa & Loach setup (Altums supplied Fronts) Community Tanks Jun 10, 2014

Share This Page