Advancing into the space age

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cheetah, Aug 10, 2012.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Retired moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Messages:
    2,715
    Likes Received:
    124
    Location:
    Kimberley ( Northern Cape)
    Having spent 80% of my fishkeeping experience in the StoneAge and getting trapped in the paradigms of yesteryear… I have now taken a conscious decision to test-drive a couple of the latest buzzwords going on in the forum……

    One such word being “CO2”….. I actually ordered one of these on internet mail order (another breakthrough for me)….. and even got it set up without referring to the instructions pamphlet…

    It’s been going now for just over a week, and I see no improvement yet….. so I’m sceptical already at the onset….. Rabbit pooh at the roots cost less and shows results in 5 days……

    Now….. mmm…. Next step…maybe one of those magic thingies that measures ammonia levels…. Nah!..... so what if it’s 0… and so what if it’s 10….. never bothered me before, why should it now?....

    Any suggestions on what I could try next to keep up with current developments?...
     
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. Guest




  3. OscaCT

    OscaCT

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2011
    Messages:
    637
    Likes Received:
    5
    Location:
    Cape Town
    Goodbye to plato's cave :dancing:
     
  4. Singularity

    Singularity

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    892
    Likes Received:
    19
    Location:
    Potchefstroom
    Algae scrubber ?
     
  5. mydummyname

    mydummyname Balala shark

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Messages:
    2,302
    Likes Received:
    41
    Location:
    cape town
    where would one get this, besides actually keeping a rabbit?
     
  6. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    petshop :) they all have bunnies soiling their cages :) checked my lfs out yesterday and saw th poo in the cages... was tempting
     
  7. mydummyname

    mydummyname Balala shark

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Messages:
    2,302
    Likes Received:
    41
    Location:
    cape town
    lol i might try this, i think there's even a thread on it somewhere here on TASA
     
  8. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    u remember a thread about it yes :) space age? hehe eheim gravel vacuum.. dont need to syphon while doing a gravel vacuum
     
  9. KillerBunny

    KillerBunny

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    182
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Krugersdorp
    Provided it won't cost me an arm and a leg, I'm sold on that one... With the small 60l tank, I drain half the tank in about 45 seconds trying to vacuum the gravel and then have to put most of that back to do it again (Several times)...
     
  10. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    It will cost 2 All your limbs. About 1000 rand for it
     
  11. KillerBunny

    KillerBunny

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2012
    Messages:
    182
    Likes Received:
    9
    Location:
    Krugersdorp
    I have a little 200lph pump... I guess it's time for some DIY :)
     
  12. Ryno

    Ryno Kenaal baber

    Joined:
    May 19, 2012
    Messages:
    4,022
    Likes Received:
    50
    Location:
    Pretoria
    I wish i can diy. Not a handy person at all
     
  13. Sean J

    Sean J

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    3,835
    Likes Received:
    36
    Location:
    Randburg JHB
    @Cheetah - You do know that adding Co2 to your tank is not a magic, plant growth solution? If you add Co2, you need to up your lighting and add fertilizers to the water column. Ideally NPK and trace elements. Then you will see some growth.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  14. Zoom

    Zoom Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8,469
    Likes Received:
    119
    Location:
    Jhb- Fourways
    I say that adding CO2 is like adding a better fuel grade to your car than the normal junk we buy. And the light is the accelerator. If you have the correct fuel, when you push the accelerator you will get phenominal results.
     

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - Advancing space Forum Date
Wanted: 90cm Zetlight/Marine Space Non Wifi Light Wanted/Swop/Freebies Jun 16, 2023
Wanted: 2x Zetlight Marine Space MS-40 Wanted/Swop/Freebies Apr 16, 2023
Zetligh\Marine Space Freshwater LED Feedback needed please General Equipment discussion Mar 8, 2022
Floating space Members Systems Jan 6, 2022
Wanted: Zetlight Marine Space MS-120F Wanted/Swop/Freebies Nov 17, 2021
Wanted Zetlight marine space Cape Town Fish Keepers Jul 6, 2021
Zetlight marine space 50p General Equipment discussion Aug 2, 2019

Share This Page