ADA end of year build

Discussion in 'Members Systems' started by LukeJHB, Oct 2, 2026 at 1:26 PM.

  1. LukeJHB

    LukeJHB

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2023
    Messages:
    281
    Likes Received:
    273
    Location:
    East Rand
    Three letters that I never thought would feature in my build thread, let alone in my house.

    On Tuesday I received an email from @LilMissMurder offering me the ADA tank! 60×45x36. Couldnt quite believe my eyes so had to read the message a number of times to confirm.

    In a world where everyone is willing to sell you down the river for a quick buck, to have someone show kindness and generosity just for the sake of it is absolutely incredible. Ive been so blessed with this absolutely stunning tank and equipment. Probably the biggest act of kindness I've ever received.

    Still need to figure out the tanks permanent location, but that shouldnt take long and then I'll get cracking on the build:thumbup:

    Hopefully I'll do it justice!

    Stay tuned :lol:
     
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2026 at 2:06 PM
    Kendrick and Lord Vader like this.
  2. Guest




  3. LilMissMurder

    LilMissMurder

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2024
    Messages:
    554
    Likes Received:
    356
    Location:
    Location: Location:
    Git cracking whippersnapper
     
  4. OP
    LukeJHB

    LukeJHB

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2023
    Messages:
    281
    Likes Received:
    273
    Location:
    East Rand
    First job of finding a suitable location, checked ! Conveniently fits perfectly between the kitchen counter and TV unit.
    20261003_080634.jpg
     
    Kendrick and LilMissMurder like this.
  5. OP
    LukeJHB

    LukeJHB

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2023
    Messages:
    281
    Likes Received:
    273
    Location:
    East Rand
    A productive weekend. Got the canister and lily pipes cleaned and sparkling. Not much to show off visually but progress nonetheless.

    The canister is cycling in a bucket with some Ammonia Chloride and some fliter "juice" from my current tank while I think about the scape:lol:

    IMG-20261004-WA0023.jpg

    20261004_123536.jpg
     
    LilMissMurder likes this.

Recent Posts

Loading...
Similar Threads - build Forum Date
Tank builders General Discussions Jan 26, 2026
Tank builder in JHB General Equipment discussion Sep 4, 2025
Adaro mid-year build! Members Systems Apr 27, 2025
First Time Aquarium Build 1200x450x450 Advice Anything DIY related Jan 20, 2025
Amano New Year Build! Members Systems Jan 5, 2025
Nano New Year Build! Members Systems Jan 5, 2025
Cabinet builder JHB- trying again General Equipment discussion Sep 19, 2024

Share This Page